Back from Bermuda today! Any questions?

jackdis

Yes, there were jellies when we were at Tobacco Bay also.

Here's the link to my trip report:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=10939721&posted=1#post10939721

Cool, good job!

Just one note, something to be careful about... remember the part I said about going back to the board and getting the link again? That is because when you post a message to a thread, the new link in the browser window adds on commands to the end that points you right to the message you just posted. So... when you use that as your link (as you did in this post here) to point people back to your message, they end up starting out at a later post. You can see this if you click on your link above, it will open to post 6 or something like that.

If you want to use that link to point people back to the beginning of your post, then you need to take off all the parts after and including the "&". But you have to leave the ?p=xxxxxxxx whatever that number is, because that identifies your post. I didn't want to get into all those extra details in my first instructions, but anyway... that is what happens if you don't get a "fresh" link to the post.

I did look at your other thread on the Bermuda board, and that one is fine! So anyway, just so you know what happened with this link here.

Theron

;)after reading ur posts i want to go to bermuda...prices are really cheap this for sept and oct.:rolleyes:

It is a great place! I have summers off, so we had to go now. It's unbelievable how much less the prices are in May and Sept.

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! My mom and I are going 9/16/07. She has a "bum knee" and can't do stairs very well. I would love to show her a pink beach . . . . any ideas? DH and I went to bermuda last year, but we hit beaches off the beaten road, very steep stairs down to a secluded cove, etc. I've never been to the "tourist beaches" - could you tell me about accessibility @ Horseshoe and Tobacco Bays?

Thanks!

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! My mom and I are going 9/16/07. She has a "bum knee" and can't do stairs very well. I would love to show her a pink beach . . . . any ideas? DH and I went to bermuda last year, but we hit beaches off the beaten road, very steep stairs down to a secluded cove, etc. I've never been to the "tourist beaches" - could you tell me about accessibility @ Horseshoe and Tobacco Bays?

Thanks!

Both are down hills but Horseshoe is accessible if you take a taxi because it drops and picks up down at the beach. Tobacco Bay is not pink sand but a taxi there should be fine too.

Thanks!

Horseshoe Bay has the beautiful pinkish sands. We took a taxi and were dropped off very close to the beach. (We did not have to walk down, or up, the hill. The taxis pick you up at the same spot.) There was a van that charged $1, I think, to drive you back up to where the bus spot is. I would recommend the taxi.

We also went to Tobacco Bay by taxi and that wasn't a bad walk to find a spot by the beach.

Have a great time!!!!

Theron,

One more question: I have started my trip report in Word. Do I just copy and paste into here?

Thanks!

The easiest way is open the word doc and triple click (with left mouse button) in the left margin area the entire text area will highlight, press the CTRL key and then press the keypad letter "e". Minimize the word doc open the thread on cc and then place the cursor in the message area and press CTRL "v" it will paste the text and any attruibutes.

Hi Jackdis,

Thanks for all the info. Do you happen to remember if there was a cocktail or latitudes party. I have asked this on the main board and got a couple of answers saying that there was a latitudes party Monday afternoon.

Did you happen to notice one on your cruise, and did you go?

Seems a strange time to have one. Would appreciate any input you might have.

Hi Jackdis,

Thanks for all the info. Do you happen to remember if there was a cocktail or latitudes party. I have asked this on the main board and got a couple of answers saying that there was a latitudes party Monday afternoon.

Did you happen to notice one on your cruise, and did you go?

Seems a strange time to have one. Would appreciate any input you might have.

Hello! I did not notice a Latitudes party on the Dailies - and I looked those things over pretty carefully each night! Perhaps invitations were left in cabins for the party, as they were for the anniversary cake/champagne party we attended. This was our first time with NCL so we wouldn't have been invited to a repeat cruiser function. Monday would be the first full at sea day, so that might make sense to hold the party then. Our was on Friday afternoon, once we left Bermuda. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Jackdis, the other very good site to paste your entire review is the "Review" section: Member Reviews, NCL, Ship Name, follow the instructions.

This way people will be able to find your review months later. On the NCL forum, it will get "lost" after a while. Glad you enjoyed your Bermuda cruise and this gorgeous island. I am sure you will cruise again to a new port someday.

Bon Voyage

Jackdis, the other very good site to paste your entire review is the "Review" section: Member Reviews, NCL, Ship Name, follow the instructions.

This way people will be able to find your review months later. On the NCL forum, it will get "lost" after a while. Glad you enjoyed your Bermuda cruise and this gorgeous island. I am sure you will cruise again to a new port someday.

Bon Voyage

Thanks, Nana. Do you think my review is too long to post there?? I was wondering how people would keep seeing it once it moved back a few pages, except for on my signature link. What do you think?? We most definitely loved this beautiful place and cannot wait to go back someday. Thanks!!:)

• Administrators
Thanks, Nana. Do you think my review is too long to post there?? I was wondering how people would keep seeing it once it moved back a few pages, except for on my signature link. What do you think?? We most definitely loved this beautiful place and cannot wait to go back someday. Thanks!!:)

Nope it isn't! We've got three huge fields for you to fill in on the submission form. Here's where you start: Write your own cruise review

During the process, you'll be able to "rate" your entire cruise, and your ratings will be added to our Cruiser's Choice Poll

Thanks, nana. I will add it to there. Question(s): I would use the review I already wrote without the comments from people, right? Just cut and paste from my original? Sorry for the questions.....thanks!

Thanks, nana. I will add it to there. Question(s): I would use the review I already wrote without the comments from people, right? Just cut and paste from my original? Sorry for the questions.....thanks!

Actually, I've used the form before. You may be able to cut/paste some parts of your original in there, but there are specific guidelines and sections for review. Like you would review the embarkation process, the size of cabin, etc, and then grade them. You will probably need to add some more information to the one you already wrote. But it's not bad or anything, just different format.

Can you tell me if there are any internet cafes in Hamilton and St George and are they cheaper to use than the internet on the ship?

there's internet access available in "the walkway" it's right next door to pickled onion restaurant on front street, up a steep set of stairs. same place accessed from reid street is to the left of cellular one. there's logic communications on burnaby street between reid and church streets. i can't remember exactly where in st georges but there is a place.

Can you tell me if there are any internet cafes in Hamilton and St George and are they cheaper to use than the internet on the ship?

In St. George, there is Caffe Latte on Water Street. You can buy the transportation pass there as well. It has good coffee as well as good internet service. The ship internet service was a waste. I think it was dialup and you could actually watch your minutes evaporate as you waited to be connected. The clock shouldn't run until you are actually connected, that would be fair. So as far as I am concerned, anything would be better than the ship's internet service.

there's internet access available in "the walkway" it's right next door to pickled onion restaurant on front street, up a steep set of stairs. same place accessed from reid street is to the left of cellular one. there's logic communications on burnaby street between reid and church streets. i can't remember exactly where in st georges but there is a place.

I used Logic Communications on Burnaby Street in May. They had better prices than the one in the walkway (1/3 the ship price), and a much nicer place to work. Also saw ship staff there, so I figured it was the best. It's also next to the Hog Penny, an authentic English Pub.

Theron

The ship internet service was a waste. I think it was dialup and you could actually watch your minutes evaporate as you waited to be connected. The clock shouldn't run until you are actually connected, that would be fair. So as far as I am concerned, anything would be better than the ship's internet service.

This was a big pet peeve of mine on the ship. It really ticked me off on our last day at sea. I needed to send a quick e-mail to make sure we would be picked up at the dock. The "quick" e-mail took 10 minutes with that incredibly slow service. I hate paying for things like that.

:mad:

This was a big pet peeve of mine on the ship. It really ticked me off on our last day at sea. I needed to send a quick e-mail to make sure we would be picked up at the dock. The "quick" e-mail took 10 minutes with that incredibly slow service. I hate paying for things like that.

:mad:

It was very frustrating, just a waste of money and valuable time. In the future, just send the email from one of the various internet cafes mentioned above before you leave Bermuda. You will have less anxiety and leave Bermuda with peace of mind. Aren't you happy that you were lucky enough to have discovered Cruise Critics and all the helpful people here. We weren't aware of Cruise Critics on our first cruise but now I couldn't think of cruising without checking with all the great people here first.:)

It was very frustrating, just a waste of money and valuable time. In the future, just send the email from one of the various internet cafes mentioned above before you leave Bermuda. You will have less anxiety and leave Bermuda with peace of mind. Aren't you happy that you were lucky enough to have discovered Cruise Critics and all the helpful people here. We weren't aware of Cruise Critics on our first cruise but now I couldn't think of cruising without checking with all the great people here first.:)

I will keep the Internet cafes in mind for next time. Wish I'd known about them before this trip. But I was very happy to have received lots of info and advice from Cruise Critics before we left. It really helped. Some of the people we were traveling with were very impressed with how much I knew ahead of time!

:D

Archived