Emerald Princess - no children's pools

jagshaw

Just a warning for those with young children (4 and under) planning a cruise on the Emerald Princess, thinking that there is a children's pool on board. There is not. We finished our cruise last week, and my children's (4 and 2.5) pool time consisted of them jumping into my arms in one of the main pools (minimum depth 5 ft). None of the pools had a depth less than 4.75 feet (other than the hot tubs). If you want your young children to have fun splashing safely, consider another ship.:(

Just a warning for those with young children (4 and under) planning a cruise on the Emerald Princess, thinking that there is a children's pool on board. There is not. We finished our cruise last week, and my children's (4 and 2.5) pool time consisted of them jumping into my arms in one of the main pools (minimum depth 5 ft). None of the pools had a depth less than 4.75 feet (other than the hot tubs). If you want your young children to have fun splashing safely, consider another ship.:(

Great news! Princess should advertise this to keep families away! :p

Great news! Princess should advertise this to keep families away! :p

OakmontPhil (he knows what I'm talking about) and others...

What is with you people?? Why the hate on kids? You were a kid once ... but I guess it was too long ago to remember.

That's why they have Disney cruises!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Please don't excuse comments like this as being a joke. The OP came on here and posted some very helpful information and didn't need this.

OakmontPhil (he knows what I'm talking about) and others...

What is with you people?? Why the hate on kids? You were a kid once ... but I guess it was too long ago to remember.

Jeez, you'd think this was a smoking thread. :rolleyes:

You're kids didn't happen to have played with a cat named Adam did they????

Jeez, you'd think this was a smoking thread. :rolleyes:

You're kids didn't happen to have played with a cat named Adam did they????

I apologize, but all the snobbish attitudes on this board have gotten to me. A thread where people were condoning violence upon kids (tossing them overboard and shooting them w/ tranquilizer guns...and I really don't think they were joking) was too much and here the attitude continues.

And no, my kids love their cats.

I apologize, but all the snobbish attitudes on this board have gotten to me. A thread where people were condoning violence upon kids (tossing them overboard and shooting them w/ tranquilizer guns...and I really don't think they were joking) was too much and here the attitude continues.

And no, my kids love their cats.

Take all message boards with a grain of salt. It's the only way to survive! ;)

Where in SR? I'm northwest. And I'm only 42, not ready for Oakmont...nice golf course though.

Yeah that's it...helpful info....but wrong info.

Well whatever info she was trying to give got pushed aside in the frenzy to make fun of taking kids on cruises. Believe me most of the so called jokers are quite serious in their dislike of children cruising. It would be like making fun of all the powder blue sweat suits in the dining room of The Sun.;)

Well whatever info she was trying to give got pushed aside in the frenzy to make fun of taking kids on cruises. Believe me most of the so called jokers are quite serious in their dislike of children cruising. It would be like making fun of all the powder blue sweat suits in the dining room of The Sun.;)

But were they smoking? ;)

There is one. Here is the deck plan. http://www.princess.com/ships/ep/deck/ep_sports_index.html

Information in your cabin should have directed you to where you would find it.

It's by the Teen and Youth Center. Too bad you missed out as it looks like a great spot.

Julia

Please forgive if I ask, in the photos shown on this thread of the splash pool, there is another of a hot tub, and yet another of an oval pool. On the CB this oval pool was accessed by a ladder, and that is the only way to get in an out of it. The water level, I think, was about 4.5 feet deep. Is this just another adult pool? Seems it would be hard for kids to get in and out of. Was empty most of the week (of people I mean).

Please forgive if I ask, in the photos shown on this thread of the splash pool, there is another of a hot tub, and yet another of an oval pool. On the CB this oval pool was accessed by a ladder, and that is the only way to get in an out of it. The water level, I think, was about 4.5 feet deep. Is this just another adult pool? Seems it would be hard for kids to get in and out of. Was empty most of the week (of people I mean).

Second try - my first response ended up in cyberspace.

That oval pool is not the same as the children's splash pool. The reason the pool may have been empty is because the water is absolutely freezing! It gets no sun in that location underneath "Skywalker's" and is pretty much a waste of space, imo.

Maybe the water in the small oval pool is warmer at different times of the year but two years in a row, in January, DH and I felt like we belonged to a "Polar Bear Club" when we got into that pool. We'll get to test it in 75 days :) .

Chris

Archived