Question for those who have sailed the Pride out of Long Beach

mumsyo

This may have already been answered, but I can't find it, so will just ask it again.

I am sailing on the Pride out of Long Beach on February 3, 2008.

Is is possible to catch a 11:20AM flight from Long Beach after the Pride cruise? I have two choices--a flight at 11:20AM or wait around the airport until a 5:30PM flight. I would rather take the early flight if it is possible. Since I am Platinum on Carnival, I will get VIP tags for my luggage and would be one of the first ones off the ship.

Marilyn

This may have already been answered, but I can't find it, so will just ask it again.

I am sailing on the Pride out of Long Beach on February 3, 2008.

Is is possible to catch a 11:20AM flight from Long Beach after the Pride cruise? I have two choices--a flight at 11:20AM or wait around the airport until a 5:30PM flight. I would rather take the early flight if it is possible. Since I am Platinum on Carnival, I will get VIP tags for my luggage and would be one of the first ones off the ship.

Marilyn

If you are talking about flying out of the Long Beach Airport (not LAX) and you get VIP disembarkation, then I would expect that you would be able to make an 11:20am flight out of the Long Beach Airport ...

LBairport.jpg

I think if time is getting short, and your color hasn't been called to disembark, you can just tell a crew member and they'll let you sneak off early. This recently happened with someone I was travelling with, and it was no problem.

I think if time is getting short, and your color hasn't been called to disembark, you can just tell a crew member and they'll let you sneak off early. This recently happened with someone I was travelling with, and it was no problem.

Getting off the ship is not the problem, getting your luggage is. What good does it do to be off the ship at 9:00am if your luggage is not delivered to the luggage pick up area until 10:30am?

Getting off the ship is not the problem, getting your luggage is. What good does it do to be off the ship at 9:00am if your luggage is not delivered to the luggage pick up area until 10:30am?

Well, that's a fair point.

We have a 12:15pm flight next April (also on the Pride) , but LAX and we are DEFINATELY already planning on self disembarkation, probably also a taxi as opposed to shuttle and/or ship's transfers where you have to wait until they fill the van/bus

I sent an e-mail to Carnival and received an answer today. It says that the earliest air departure recommended is 12:30pm and I think that 12:20pm is close enough, don't you. I do intend to do self assist although I will have a VIP tag on my luggage as I am platinum.

I just got back from the Monarch of the Seas and had a 10:30 flight out of LGB (Long Beach) and was off the ship and eating breakfast in the airport by 8:30am. So, I can't see that there will be any problem--at least I hope not.

Marilyn

I sent an e-mail to Carnival and received an answer today. It says that the earliest air departure recommended is 12:30pm and I think that 12:20pm is close enough, don't you.

Your original post says 11:20, not 12:20... that hour can make a difference. We sailed on the Pride for New Year's and due a storm swell, we had very rough seas and arrived back into Long Beach late. We had VIP tags and I think we weren't at our car until 10:00am or something like that. Granted, she isn't always late, but it could happen.

Being that you are doing self-debark and if the ship is on time AND taking a taxi, you should be fine with your 12:20 (and possibly even your 11:20...)

Enjoy the Pride! We loved her and will be sailing on her again this Christmas! :D

Archived