Plenty of hangers?

Luvs2trvl

Can you ask for extra hangers if there aren't enough? Or are they the kind that are permanently attached to the rod? I know I can double up on some things, but with 2 females sharing a cabin - I have a feeling we might need the extras. This is on the Crown.

Of course you may ask for extra hangers and the room steward will be happy to accommodate your request. My daughter and I travel together often on cruises and we have never had a problem with not having enough hangers and we don't skimp on the clothing we bring. When packing, I often put dressy clothes right on my own hangers inside a plastic cleaners' bag so that I can just whip it out of the suitcase and hang it right up. Save's a lot of time stopping to put these items on hangers.

And when we request extra hangers (sometimes) we get those metal hangers you left behind! If you want those good hangers, let the cabin steward know by the evening of the first day. /Sultan

I use the metal dry cleaners hangers in my garment bag, so I always have plenty in the cabin. Then I just leave the metal ones for the steward to dispose.

I am often travelling alone (gloom) and there are more than enough hangers. I have now got in the habit of taking off the empty ones because in a swell they clank together noisily at night.

I always bring some extra hangers of my own that are non-slip types. But there are lots there, and you can get lots more. Also, they are the type you can remove and not the rings that stay put on the rod--thank goodness!

Just an FYI :) . If you lift one end of the rod you can add, take off or rearrange the rings. It only took me 6 cruises to learn this :D !

Archived