Snapple????

happy cruzer

Has Princess stopped the selling of Snapple in the formal dining room?

The recent thread (I think it disappeared) from the first time cruiser about the over selling on Princess reminded me of the Snapple. That was the most ackward thing, having an assit. waiter bring a tray of snapple to the table and try to sell it. That happened on the Grand but not the Regal, is it still going on?

I do wish the cruise lines would be more careful of how they intrude to make their bucks.:rolleyes:

That was the most ackward thing, having an assit. waiter bring a tray of snapple to the table and try to sell it.

I do wish the cruise lines would be more careful of how they intrude to make their bucks.:rolleyes:

Even worst than that is when you are by the pool... trying to take a nap... and the server comes by asking if you want a drink. Not once, but over and over and over... They have absolutely no respect for the privacy of the guest.

Do they not think... that if I want a drink, I will call them over?? It's just totally rude to be bothered:mad:

Maybe someone realized is was really tacky and stopped it quickly.

But on our cruise on the Grand, each time we ate lunch in the dining room an assistant waiter would come by the table and usually interrupt the intros going on. He would be balancing a tray with about 10 bottles of Snapple on it and try to sell it to us. He would wait quite awhile to see if there were takers. Very ackward. Plus if you have any trouble later getting tea or bread refills you remembered that there was at least one fellow selling snapple full time.

Glad to hear it seems to have stopped.

Even worst than that is when you are by the pool... trying to take a nap... and the server comes by asking if you want a drink. Not once, but over and over and over... They have absolutely no respect for the privacy of the guest.

Do they not think... that if I want a drink, I will call them over?? It's just totally rude to be bothered:mad:

Having someone arouse me from a deep nap would confuse me--hospital vs cruise ship. Each bug you when asleep. All joking aside, I didn't experience snapple selling on the Crown in July 2007.

I cannot recall any Snapple selling on any of our Princess cruises. Perhaps the OP has Princess confused with another cruise line

They did this to us on the Grand a couple of years ago also. It was very annoying, especially when you were just trying to get a "normal" ice tea. At first they acted like they didn't know what you were talking about, but eventually the got it for you. Our last two cruses on the Grand (January 06 and 07) we didn't have this problem, so they probably got enough complaints to stop it.

They did this to us on the Grand a couple of years ago also. It was very annoying, especially when you were just trying to get a "normal" ice tea. At first they acted like they didn't know what you were talking about, but eventually the got it for you. Our last two cruses on the Grand (January 06 and 07) we didn't have this problem, so they probably got enough complaints to stop it.

Correction - we had this problem in 05 and 06; in January 07 there was no push to sell Snapple and we got ice tea whenever requested.

I cannot recall any Snapple selling on any of our Princess cruises.

Nor I :rolleyes: .

I have also have never been harrassed by Princess crew members to purchase a beverage anywhere in the pool area. If I want something to drink, I wave at a crew member and have always received prompt, efficient service :) .

Chris

Archived