Need some advice

Lovetocruisefar

I have never been on a princess cruise before and im thinking about going in october. Im torn between the dawn and the golden, they both go to the same ports.

Which one do you all prefer?

How is the weather during that time at these ports?

How is the food on both ships.

Thanks so much all

Without leaving here and going to look up those sailings myself, I have no idea which ports you are thinking of visiting on either ship, which also stops the weather question from being answered without knowing. Care to drop a hint as to the itineary?

As for the differences in the ships, totally different class of vessel. Which size of ship have you previously sailed on and what did you think of it?

Very hard to pick for you not knowing anything about your interests and what you enjoy doing onboard.

Never sailed on the Golden before but hear it is a nice ship...but holds a lot more passengers than the Dawn Princess. We have sailed many times on all the Sun Class ships (Dawn being one of them) and find the number of pax to be just right...although the ships are not as glitzy as they are on the larger ships. The ports are all the same except the place of embarkation. I think sailing out of San Diego is much more attractive than sailing out of LA and would even consider staying a day before or after. In that respect, I would choose the Dawn. I think you would have a great time on either ship....but may get a better price on the Dawn as it is a bit older.

I was on the Golden last year and enjoyed it. Everything was very nice. I'm booked on the Dawn for 9/30 and have heard both good and bad about her. I'm sure it will be fine. It's hard to compare ships as all of them have good and bad points.

I have been on the Dawn twice and I was just on the Golden for a 16 day, South American cruise in January of this year. I did not have a problem with the Golden, but I prefer smaller ships. The Golden is huge. We were in a suite on the back of the ship and when you look down the hall to the other end, it looks like it is about the length of a football field! If walking is your pleasure, and a means of burning calories, then take the larger ship. They both have the same quality of food, entertainment, activities, etc., so in your case, it is size that matters.;)

Archived