Freedom of the Seas -- Stateroom questions

Court3502

I am planning a group cruise on Freedom of the Seas for March 30, 2008 and have a couple of questions regarding staterooms. Do each of the staterooms have a mini fridge or are they only in suites? Also, I know a lot of people rave about the aft and the hump, is there anything wrong with the front? I am in 7216, is this a decent location? I have small children, so I didn't want too be close to the elevators in case it was noisy during bedtime. What are the differences in E1, E2, D1 and D2. Is it just location and how many can sleep there?

Any help is great!

Courtney

You would get lots of answers if you posted this up on the royalcaribbean threads, more eyes on your post who all do that cruiselines. This is a general cruise line.

I agree, I know some who just love the aft view to sit and watch the wake. Sometimes I wonder if its only because there are fewer aft cabins? I can understand the aft wrap corner balcones being so popular with side and aft views though. The hump is popular because it sticks out and you can see all the way forward and back if you are right on the hump.

Iv been all the way forward, looking forward in fact, and loved it because I could see when they pulled into a port. Loved waking up with the port right in front of me all spread out. I dont think there is anything wrong with any balcony unless its obstructed too much or not private. The only difference Iv heard between D1 and D2 is how many are allowed to stay in the cabin. They can even be right next to each other on some ships.

I am planning a group cruise on Freedom of the Seas for March 30, 2008 and have a couple of questions regarding staterooms. Do each of the staterooms have a mini fridge or are they only in suites? Also, I know a lot of people rave about the aft and the hump, is there anything wrong with the front? I am in 7216, is this a decent location? I have small children, so I didn't want too be close to the elevators in case it was noisy during bedtime. What are the differences in E1, E2, D1 and D2. Is it just location and how many can sleep there?

Any help is great!

Courtney

Okay I can try here (inbetween phone calls at work LOL), there are mini fridges in each room, HOWEVER, they are not very cold. So if someone has medicine or something that has to be kept cold, I wouldn't recommend using them for that purpose.

As far as that specific room, I cannot comment.

Not only are the cabins located on different parts of the ship, but the D1 and D2 are slightly bigger in size.

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/freedomoftheseas.htm

use that site and scorrl down and click on deck plans

scroll down there will be a legend that denotes what kind of bedding is in each cabin

cor_sofabed_ico.gifStateroom with sofa bed.cor_asterik_ico.gifStateroom has third Pullman bed available.Stateroom has third and fourth Pullman beds available.cor_connecting_ico.gifConnecting staterooms.Indicates accessible staterooms.cor_diamond_ico.gifStateroom with sofa bed and third Pullman bed available.Stateroom has four additional Pullman beds available.

cabins that have no symbols can hold 2 people only.

Your cabin is located all the way forward.. is a connecting cabin. If you do not need the connecting cabin I suggest to move. You will hear everything from that cabin through the conencting door.

--

you didnt say how old your small kids are.. but your cabin is located so foward that it will be quite a trek getting to the buffet food and pools every day. I suggest a move more centrally located to that area.. 7680 something.. purple cabins in that area.

elevators are not noisey-- people are- If you are lucky to get onboard with rude and obnoxious passengers who dont give a hoot about others vacations-- you will hear those passengers no matter where your cabin is located.

with small kids you want close to an elevator. close to the food/pools.

I'd rather walk to the shows.- which are down during the night time hours and pretty well situated together

The D staterooms are approx. 12 sq. ft. larger than the E's. They have a full size sofabed as opposed to a loveseat size in the E's.

The balconies on the E's are a little larger than the D's.

This is assuming that you do not have a E connecting room, which will get you a chair and not a sofa.

In the front you will do lots of walking (not a bad thing with all the food) and you will feel the motion alot more.

the in room fridge are not very cold.. however, if you need to keep medicine cold, such as insulin.. they will bring you a fridge that keeps colder.. just ask..

My kids are going to be 2 1/2 and 6, so I'm thinking the front probably isn't a great idea. When I go to RCI's website though, it shows no balcony cabins available for 4 people. Does that mean I don't have a choice or should I ask to move anyway?

Thanks!

Courtney

My kids are going to be 2 1/2 and 6, so I'm thinking the front probably isn't a great idea. When I go to RCI's website though, it shows no balcony cabins available for 4 people. Does that mean I don't have a choice or should I ask to move anyway?

Thanks!

Courtney

Your best bet is to work with this with your agent. Lots of cabins are probably onm hold with groups with various agents. Its high peak family sailing time.

You want something that is towards the aft elevators..to get you to the food and pools which you will be making several trips a day to.

Im sorry your agent didnt work that out with you in the begining

Archived