Golden Princess - Lido Deck Ba Cabins

CPOCMAN

I've been watching the available BA cabins on our 12/15 Mexico Cruise on Golden and slowly, they've been getting taken quickly over the past few weeks since we booked. We're booked on a Guarantee. We figured that we may always get a chance at an upgrade or, even better, a request for us to move to another cruise.

Now, only Lido Deck cabins are left and I'm getting second thoughts about the guarantee cabin decision. Anyone have any thoughts on Lido Deck Cabins or am I better off paying an additional $200/pp to get an AB Mini Suite or should we just sit tight and continue to cross our fingers for a magical Mini Suite upgrade. I appreciate any thoughts/feedback you may have. Thanks.

I've been watching the available BA cabins on our 12/15 Mexico Cruise on Golden and slowly, they've been getting taken quickly over the past few weeks since we booked. We're booked on a Guarantee. We figured that we may always get a chance at an upgrade or, even better, a request for us to move to another cruise.

Now, only Lido Deck cabins are left and I'm getting second thoughts about the guarantee cabin decision. Anyone have any thoughts on Lido Deck Cabins or am I better off paying an additional $200/pp to get an AB Mini Suite or should we just sit tight and continue to cross our fingers for a magical Mini Suite upgrade. I appreciate any thoughts/feedback you may have. Thanks.

First, don't hold your breath waiting for that mini suite upgrade. It rarely happens. If you got the guarantee because you expected to be upgraded, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Purchase the cheapest class you'll be happy in, then expect that that is what you will get and all is well! If you want a mini, go get one!

Now I happen to love the Lido deck cabins. On of the best locations on the ship as far as location goes. Easy access to elevators, no long corridors, out your door and your at a pool, same deck as the buffet etc. etc etc.

Archived