Cruise West

Betsypaige

Hi all......

I don't see any posts on this cruise line, or very many about small ships, but has anyone taken a cruise to Alaska on Cruise West?

The flexible itineraries and being able to jump on and off the ship, and getting closer to the glaciers and wildlife, is extremely appealing to me. However, the review on this site clearly stated that this line is not friendly to singles. Would I be very uncomfortable as a solo traveler? The only other things I really care about are good food (don't care if it's not innovative - just has to be good) and decent cabins. Onboard entertainment is not a big deal to me - nature will provide that.

thanks!

We haven't sailed on Cruise West yet, but I'm thinking about it for next summer. I want to do one of their shorter cruises (four nights) and combine it with time to tour a little bit of the interior on our own.

From looking at the website, Cruise West seems like it would be friendly to singles--especially when it comes to fares. We sailed on a schooner off the coast of Maine. It had 29 passengers, and the single guy fit right into the rest of the group.

Archived