Introduction

SheilaNC

Hi, everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself as a new Host on this Forum. My name is Sheila and I've been addicted to Cruise Critic for a long time. My DH and I love to travel; since 1998 we've been truly passionate about cruising. We've been to the Caribbean lots of times (both land trips and cruises), cruised the Mediterranean and Alaska and are booked on our first Back to Back cruises Down under (from Sydney to Auckland and then Auckland to Honolulu). I've been to Australia once and to New Zealand 3 times and love them both a lot. The people down under are among the nicest that I've ever met and I know that those of you planning your first trip to that part of the world will have wonderful cruises.

I look forward to hosting this forum and to having lots of fun answering questions and learning from the answers of others. Most of all - I'll interject my sometimes weird sense of humor and enjoy the give and take of the boards. So keep posting and I'll keep reading and responding....:D

Hi sheila,great to have you on board.

weird humour on an australian board????thought that was a necessary part:D :D

As you probably already know there are lots of aussies willing to share their knowledge of their local area, you just need to ask.

Welcome Sheila. We Aussie's try to answer the questions pertaining to our wonderful country and if we can't then someone else usually hops in and helps.

The same goes for N.Z. and New Zealanders on this Board. We all love having visitors make the journey down here and are only too happy to help C.C. members with any queries so that they can enjoy our two countries in the time they have available.

Jennie

Most of all - I'll interject my sometimes weird sense of humor and enjoy the give and take of the boards.
Hi, Sheila, and welcome! It's great to have you on board.

As for weird humour, those of us from the UK who see Aussie stereotypes hyped up beyond measure might say that the weird humour comes from CC: in asking someone named "Sheila" to moderate the Australia forum ... ;) :D

aussi cruiser,

Still working (slowly) on plans...had a busy week and didn't have the time to firm up plans. Using recommendations from other CC members to make decisions. I'll post our final plans when I'm done. Thanks for asking.

Hi Sheila

Welcome aboard - another one here from the UK who thought your name was a wind up

I am sure this board is going to get busy as more cruiselines head down under

Ann

• Administrators

As for weird humour, those of us from the UK who see Aussie stereotypes hyped up beyond measure might say that the weird humour comes from CC: in asking someone named "Sheila" to moderate the Australia forum ... ;) :D

I claim the fifth.

Thanks for welcoming Host Sheila; she's very enthusiastic and I'm sure she'll do a great job!

Laura

Embarrassed to admit that I'm so dense, I didn't 'get it' until my husband read the board and laughed outloud. He, too, thought that Laura had done it on purpose. Hope that this appointment keeps the humor flowing :)

Archived