Hotel at Heathrow-Recommendations

I want to spend the night at a hotel near Heathrow airport. I am looking for recommendations for a clean, convenient hotel. After reading some of the reviews on Travel advisor, I'm really confused.

Thanks.

:)

I like the Sheraton Skyline. The hallways are a tiny bit shabby and need decorating but the beds are amazing - 2 doubles in a massive room (separated by a screen). There is also a sports bar that serves good food. It is very close to the terminals and is served by the hopper bus.

Try the Jurys Inn. Weekend rates are very reasonable. If you don't have much luggage you can skip the 4GBP Hotel Hoppa and use the free local bus from the airport to Hatton Cross and walk ~2 blocks to the hotel. The Hatton Cross tube station is on the Piccadilly line, so it's very easy to get into the city.

Julia

The Hilton is at Terminal 4 the other side of the airport from the other terminals including Terminal 3.

In my opinion the only hotel to avoid at Heathrow of the mainstream hotels is the Thistle Heathrow.

If you're flying from T4 then the Jury's Inn is a good alternative to the expensive Hilton joined to the terminal.

If you're flying from the other terminals then these have Hoppa Buses linking Terminals 1,2 and 3 to all the main hotels. (Heathrow has no complementary hotel buses). Hoppa Buses are a steep 4 GBP per person each way for a 5-10 minute journey.

Prices are much cheaper at weekends than midweek.

If you want a budget hotel, the Ibis and Comfort Hotel are fine with room rates about 40-75 GBP.

Otherwise its best to get a hotel on the Bath Road. Here there are some realistic alternatives to the hotel for your meals and entertainment. Other hotels can be isolated and there is a danger you will pay more in add-ons at the very expensive restuarants and bars than the room rate.

I would therefore suggest the Rennaissance, Radisson Edwardian, Sheraton Skyline or Marriott which ever is the cheaper. These are all next to one another, there is a pub, Italina Restaurant, supermarket and a McDonalds anbd a bowling alley as an escape from the hotel. You can also get free public buses into the terminals from these hotels.

Hello....

If you dislike airport chain hotels as much as I do, you might want to try Harmondsworthhall.com.

This is a lovely B&B 7 minutes from Heathrow, located in a tiny little village with a good pub for dinner the night before your flight and an excellent full English breakfast before departure.

They have family rooms (would hold four), doubles and VERY tiny singles. The price is reasonable.

I hope that someone enjoys this charming place as much as we have.

murphysmum;)

The Hilton is at Terminal 4 the other side of the airport from the other terminals including Terminal 3.

In my opinion the only hotel to avoid at Heathrow of the mainstream hotels is the Thistle Heathrow.

Can I ask, why would you say that we should avoid the Thistle Heathrow? Is there something wrong with the hotel?

Thanks

Yes, it was a nice hotel. Got a good AAA rate on a weekend that included breakfast. They gave us an early checking of around 10 in the morning that was nice. Phone and internet were a rip off but picked up free wifi from the Radisson next door.

Archived