Yoga Pants

robthens

I've purchased my yoga pants, the Chaturyanga (spelling?) from Athleta.com. Mine are made from the fabric called Supplex...great fit and just the right amount of stretch. You'll be able to wear them anywhere and they are perfect for traveling. The last pair of pants which I bought and were the same fabric lasted for 6-7 years, in fact, I still wear them...they are definitely worth the $70 or so dollars. Similar items are probably available at any active body type of retailer including REI.com.

I get mine at WalMart -- Danskin brand. I have 2 pairs black and 1 gray and they fit great, wash and dry well. They are capri length and I use them for my workouts at the YMCA 3 days a week. Bought them in Dec. and they still look new. (around $13.00/pair)

I've purchased my yoga pants, the Chaturyanga (spelling?) from Athleta.com. Mine are made from the fabric called Supplex...great fit and just the right amount of stretch. You'll be able to wear them anywhere and they are perfect for traveling. The last pair of pants which I bought and were the same fabric lasted for 6-7 years, in fact, I still wear them...they are definitely worth the $70 or so dollars. Similar items are probably available at any active body type of retailer including REI.com.

I found these on the web site.

Velocitek Chaturanga Pant

by Athleta

spacer01.gif

Now in our wicking Velocitek fabric, these pants were designed with a flat elastic waistband for a court-friendly, streamlined fit. Fitted through the waist and opening up at the knee, the Velocitek Chaturanga Pant has full stretch and crotch gussets for unrestricted movement. USA/Import fabric. Inseam: Regular 31", Petite 28", Tall 34".

I couldn't determine the rise. Are they @ your waist???

Normally I wear 8-10 pants (which is medium); however, when I buy "sweat pants" I buy large. When I measure, my hips are larger than the 8-10, but smaller than 12-14.

Based on the fabric content (Velocitek (Polyester/Spandex), I know they are going to have some give, but I can't stand to see women (especially myself) in form fitting pants!

FYI: They are on sale.....Was: $69.00

Now: $45.99

What is your suggestion?

I get mine at WalMart -- Danskin brand. I have 2 pairs black and 1 gray and they fit great, wash and dry well. They are capri length and I use them for my workouts at the YMCA 3 days a week. Bought them in Dec. and they still look new. (around $13.00/pair)

I certainly plan to check them out @ WalMart. Thanks!

Robthens: My yoga pants are hitting just below the waist as I believe they are described...personally I wouldn't want them lower as I would feel like hiking them up constantly. First I ordered the regular length because I measured pants in my closet to the length stated in the catalog and the measurements were very close. However, when I received the pants, they were too long and I had to reorder them in a petite which were the perfect length. I am 5'4". The customer service people on the phone were very helpful and answered a lot of my questions.

It's nice for you that they are on sale!! That's a good deal.

I get mine at Target. I would NEVER pay $70 for yoga pants!

I regularly pay $50 to $70 for my running/gym pants. I wear Nike or Adidas styles, and I pay that much because as much as I wear them, I need something that will hold up well, and also wicks well. For me, they are well worth the money.

I get mine at Target......actually, I also have a couple of pairs from BJ's, believe it or not!!!!

The ones from Target are my favorite though.....they are perfect for lounging and working out....plus they don't cost a fortune. They come in different rises and lengths...

I regularly pay $50 to $70 for my running/gym pants. I wear Nike or Adidas styles, and I pay that much because as much as I wear them, I need something that will hold up well, and also wicks well. For me, they are well worth the money.

Of course, now that I think about it, I never wear my yoga pants to the gym, I have them just for lounging and after I bathe at night. The stuff I DO wear to the gym, are usually the better brands and cost sometimes a lot more. They do get a lot of washing and drying so they need to last.

I have different pairs for different purposes.

For yoga practice, I prefer the capri length and like Prana.

For travel, I buy supplex boot cut yoga pants from Athleta. They can be dressed up or down, are excellent quality and I have no problem paying for things that last.

IME, the less expensive options simply do not wear as well nor do they look as nice. You get what you pay for and, as an avid exerciser who demands a lot from my workout clothes, I prefer to pay more and replace less often.

My current Pranas are several years old, worn often and wear extremely well.

What are you buying them for....yoga? The gym? You should be able to find plenty of styles of athletic pants in Dicks Sporting Goods...or any decent sporting goods store.

I started a thread on "Favorite Airline Travel Clothes". Several posters said they wore yoga pants. Like many post on these boards, it peaked my interest. Now, I "GOT" to have some. LOL

For traveling, especially by air, the yoga pants are absolutely comfortable, don't bag out and look like a dress pant. The Chaturanga pant is one you could wear with any type of shoe or even a boot to give you the look you desire. These pants are worth the investment as they will last a long time and not go out of style. However, I don't wear the more expensive ones to yoga or for workouts...for that purpose something less money would be fine.

For traveling, especially by air, the yoga pants are absolutely comfortable, don't bag out and look like a dress pant. The Chaturanga pant is one you could wear with any type of shoe or even a boot to give you the look you desire. These pants are worth the investment as they will last a long time and not go out of style. However, I don't wear the more expensive ones to yoga or for workouts...for that purpose something less money would be fine.

I ordered the Chaturanga pants.......hope they fit!

The stuff I DO wear to the gym, are usually the better brands and cost sometimes a lot more. They do get a lot of washing and drying so they need to last.

Man that's the truth. More than half of my laundry load is from running or the gym. That stuff gets washed a LOT...so the cheaper stuff just doesn't last. I think I have 7 or 8 sports bras - just so I don't have to wash so often!!! :p

In addition to the Athleta yoga pants I ordered today, I went to Wal Mart tonight and bought the Haynes yoga pants for $11.94. They will be wonderful for around the house this winter. I do plan to take them with me on my up comming trip.

Can't wait to pack !!!!!

Archived