Teenagers on Princess

kcbmarek

We are looking at taking our teenage sons (15 and 13) on Princess to the Mexican Riviera for Thanksgiving. How are the Princess ships for teenagers? Our other consideration was Carnival but I prefer to stay away from there.

Any firsthand experience with the Sapphire Princess?

We are looking at taking our teenage sons (15 and 13) on Princess to the Mexican Riviera for Thanksgiving. How are the Princess ships for teenagers? Our other consideration was Carnival but I prefer to stay away from there.

Any firsthand experience with the Sapphire Princess?

I just came off the Crown on Monday, and there were loads of teens. The clubroom for teens is really nice and there seemed to be alot of kids hanging out up there all the time.

Took the Diamond Mex Riv last March. There is lots to do for the teens onboard. Diamond/Sapphire are sister ships and we have sailed on both several times. Sometimes the kids like the teen program offered and sometimes not. They will have plenty to keep them occupied either way. :)

We have never been on Carnival, but we have travel with our girls on three Princess cruises and they just loved the teen/kids programs. Our girls are currently, 17, 14 and 11. They have been to Alaska and the Caribbean and went as long as three years ago. The middle one says, "It is cool. Great place to meet up with people." They still IM with friends from their cruises.

We did the Mexi Riv last Nov on the Diamond (sister ship to SH) and out 15 year old son just LOVED the teen center....or the TC as the kids called it.

You could tell that a lot of time, effort and money was put into ensuring that all cruisers had a great time :)

Staff at the TC were outstanding!!!

What fun they will have :)

My dh and I are planning to cruise on the CB Oct 2008 and my son is very upset that he won't be going.......(it is our first real not work related holiday without kids).......

The real point of how much fun the teens have is if they find others to 'hang' with. My son, turning 14 soon, always loves cruising but sometimes he just doesn't meet anyone he clicks with, other times, I think he is going home with them.

Our first cruise was on HAL to the Mex Riv during the 3rd week of Jan and my son was 14 at the time. There were only 11 others his age on the ship. He did find about 4 or 5 kids that he hung out with, but he is very social and I know he would have enjoyed a larger group. Part of this had to do with most kids being in school at this time of year.

Our upcoming cruise in November will be on Princess. We picked this cruise because we felt it offered the adults a great cruise experience(I don't want a party atmosphere) and with MUTS and things I've read on this board, my son may enjoy it a bit more. About a month ago I checked the number of kids scheduled with Princess and there are already 65 in his age group. We're also bringing his best friend and got them their own inside cabin down the hall from our mini suite. They're very excited about the ship, activities, and dining options.

I've also noticed that a lot of posters seem to go between HAL & Princess. Loved HAL & I'm sure we'll enjoy Princess as much - especially with teens.

well i am 12 and i love to cruise and the ship that i just on in the mexican riveria was the sapphire. the kids zone is a place for the little one and for the teens. they have it so there is different age groups. the teens room is very nice it's almost like a club for teens. then the age group down from that they have huge window that you look out and it's really cool to look out when you are at sea. then they setup night to do different things like movie night or pj night or they take the kids up to the horizon court and you have fries,chicken fingers,pizza, or u can have a burger. thats all with the age group down from the teens.

i hope this helps you.

Happy Sailing

Kaleen

Dawn

Sea

Island X2

Sapphire

Sapphire does have a great program for kids and teens. When my stepson was younger and accompanied us, he really enjoyed the teens program - was torn between spending time with us and with the kids.

Sapphire is a lovely ship - I am sure your kids will enjoy it!

You might want to choose anytime dining so that you can dine together if you choose, and the kids can still enjoy the evening activities program that Princess puts together for them.

Archived