If money wasn't an issue....

Hi Pink Poodle, if they talk about each other behind their backs, kissy kissy one day, and blazing rows then next, nothing is ever good enough, the whole world is wrong and they are right, oh, and the world owes them heaps, then they might just fit in quite well! If I didn't have a sense of humour I would be just like some of 'em. Actually, there is a handful that are quite lovely, I would probably have them on my ship!! Isn't dreaming FUN!!!;)

Hey Howsthis, we should compare family trees, I am sure some of my in-laws are related !! :D

Mmmm Where would I go?? I'd love to do South America and Antarctica (same time). Down in the Strait of Majellan is meant to be nice. Perhaps go out to the Falkland Islands.

I would absolutely love to do Canada/New England in the Fall. Would be absolutely spectacular.:)

Hawaii would be nice, a bit too port intensive though. The cruise that goes down to Fanning Island in Kiribati would be a good itinerary. It at least has 4 sea days!!

Europe is out, because I would have to visit the Relo's!!:mad: Though I think we could sneak a cruise to Eastern Europe without them finding out...;)

Since Karen posted a funny story, thought I'd tell this one.

My mum was surfing CC (I wasn't at that stage:rolleyes: ), and she read about people who had the cruise re-routed to Canada. These poor people had packed for the Caribbean and ended up heading North instead. It rained EVERY day except one!! This of course was during Hurricane season back in 05'. We went in October '05, and hurricanes were still active in the region. At that stage Canada sounded quite nice!! Needless to say we steered clear of them and too got re-routed. Just shows that s*** does happen.

Ok if we're doing funny stories this isn't a cruise story but it is a holiday story. We went to Boston for our honeymonn. We livedi n Belfast at the time and flew from Belfast to Glasgow then onto Boston. The Glasgow flight was delayed because of fog so we only had 10 mins to get to the international terminal for the Boston flight. We knew our luggage wouldn't make it so when we got off the flight in Boston I reported our luggage missing and as we didn't book any accomodation before had I asked for the guys card and said I'd ring when we had a forwarding address. We couldn't find a place to stay in Boston and decided to get a bus down to Plymouth. We only had the clothes on our back which unfortunately for us were a pale blue jacket & trousers and stilletto heels ( I'm vertically challenged, it's 4" or nothing) for me and an Australian wool suit for hubby. well Plymouth is a baseball cap and shorts town so we looked like drug dealers from Miami Vice!!! I bought essentials (eye liner & moisituriser ) priorities.. and undies. We hired a car and spent three days around Cape Cod in the same outfits until we got our luggage sent to a hotel.

i have thought this one out.

I would book the Pacific Star to take me and all my friends on a cruise around the South Pacific. We would go to all the islands [ except Luganville!!!!] and have fireworks. The entertainers would be P!NK, The Chasers, Rove, Hamish and Andy. The food would be italian, mexican, subway, and pizza hut. it would be awsome!!!

Hi Pink Poodle, if they talk about each other behind their backs, kissy kissy one day, and blazing rows then next, nothing is ever good enough, the whole world is wrong and they are right, oh, and the world owes them heaps, then they might just fit in quite well! If I didn't have a sense of humour I would be just like some of 'em. Actually, there is a handful that are quite lovely, I would probably have them on my ship!! Isn't dreaming FUN!!!;)

Hi Howsthis! How scarey - I think we have the same relatives!!:eek: All the best, Pink Poodle :)

The first round world cruise on the new Cunard ship Queen Victoria would be great if we are playing make-believe. It would be fun if all my virtual friends on CC were on board too! Party on dudes :D While living in a penthouse and being looked after by a personal butler would be a fantasic experience I am quite happy to be anywhere on the ship. DW is not prepared to go in an inside cabin as she finds it claustrophobic so we need a window but I'll even pass up the balcony not to seem greedy. I'll spend the difference in fares on cocktails :)

Back to reality. Jo we will be on Santorini next Greek Easter for a week, then our Nautica cruise will call there for a day. Will take the laptop and try to post occasionally to tell you guys where we are.

Derek

Green with envy Derek.... Santorini is our all-time favorite place in the world we are going back for 5 days in early September next year...

Nothing is better than sharing a bottle of the local......watchout for it... wine with the one you love whilst waiting for the majestic Santorini sunsets......sheer bliss.. .......cheers shiona

I don't know that if I HAD that much money I would want to stay on a ship for that long, but, given the scenario I would wish to go to every port in the world for as long as I want to stay there, on a new ship, with a passenger manifest I have vetted.

No kids on board, no smoking, no souvenir shop, and no adults t-shirt painting, needlepoint or quilling.

Does this cruise exist?

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved in my inbox on Friday:

A TRUE NORTH EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE CHARTER OPPORTUNITY

Due to amendments in our new 2007 cruise schedule, the True North will be available in the Whitsundays for private charter for 3 nights from 17th until 20th December 2007.

Please note this is an exclusive whole boat charter opportunity for a maximum 36 guests.

Individual cabin sales are not available.

If you are interested in this charter opportunity please contact North Star Cruises direct on ......

To have a look at the boat -

www.northstarcruises.com.au

Cheers

Geoff

Recieved in my inbox on Friday:

A TRUE NORTH EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE CHARTER OPPORTUNITY

Due to amendments in our new 2007 cruise schedule, the True North will be available in the Whitsundays for private charter for 3 nights from 17th until 20th December 2007.

Please note this is an exclusive whole boat charter opportunity for a maximum 36 guests.

Individual cabin sales are not available.

If you are interested in this charter opportunity please contact North Star Cruises direct on ......

To have a look at the boat -

www.northstarcruises.com.au

Cheers

Geoff

So, when are you booking Geoff?;)

Karen

So, when are you booking Geoff?;)

Karen

Are you paying for us all?

Yes............... if money was no object, I certainly would be. Alas Lucky the Lotteries cat only coughs up furballs lately.

Cheers

Geoff

i have thought this one out.

I would book the Pacific Star to take me and all my friends on a cruise around the South Pacific. We would go to all the islands [ except Luganville!!!!] and have fireworks. The entertainers would be P!NK, The Chasers, Rove, Hamish and Andy. The food would be italian, mexican, subway, and pizza hut. it would be awsome!!!

That sounds so good! Imagine how funny it would be if all those comedians were on the ship!!! You would be laughing all the time. I love the South Pacific islands, so that sounds great too!!:)

That sounds so good! Imagine how funny it would be if all those comedians were on the ship!!! You would be laughing all the time. I love the South Pacific islands, so that sounds great too!!:)

Don't forget about Adam Hills & Will Anderson just to make it even funnier:) .

Karen

• 1 month later...

Archived