If money wasn't an issue....

One of two cruises.

Around the world cruise next year with Fred Olson on Boudicca from Dover

Or the round the pacific cruise that the Sun Princess is doing next year from sydney. Goes all the way up to Alaska and Asia before coming back to Sydney.

Well, if I had the money, I would love to take one of P&O's (UK) round the world cruises.

The usually send two ships out in the early spring, one going East and the other West, in the range of 90 to 105 days, depending on route.

My wife doesn't like to be gone from home for more than 30 days at a stretch, so we have been circumnavigating the globe in segments, on different lines.

They also, on occasion, offer what the call a "boomerang cruise", going out to Australia on one ship, and returning on the other. That also appeals to me.

Sometimes that trip is possible from the West coast of the US, other times from Southampton.

What a great question !My family would like to do one of those American cruises to Hawaii but I would love to go on the Pac Sun New Years Eve cruise next year. New Years Eve cruising is great, plus that cruise has all good ports.To top it off I would be celebrating my birthday in Champagne Bay. :) If money wasn't an issue that's the one I would be doing.

I'm off now to buy a lotto ticket,

Pink Poodle.

Tahiti is a dream come true for me, so looking forward to that with Geri:D

Then I would have to say Alaska and the Mediteranean (with my gorgeous hubby of cause;), if I can bribe him with land based as well)

Chez

xx

If money wasn't a problem I would book out the Pacific Sun for all my rellies, yes there are hundreds, and send them off to the islands in the Pacific and then I would get on a different ship, doesn't matter which, and head off for some peace and relaxation feeling guilt-free because they would also be having a great time or fighting with each other. I wouldn't be involved, ah bliss!!

I've always wanted to see Santorini, Egypt & Bora Bora, so i'd have to go there if I had the money lying around. I'd also like to do a Hawaiian cruise one day. We did find an awesome fly/stay/cruise deal last year but had to back out due to lack of funds :( From memory though it was only about $5k for 2 of us!! Cattle class of course, but who cares!?!?!

I'd also love to send my mother on a cruise as she just loves the sea and anything to do with boats! But if we sent her then we'd have to send the out-laws too and it's cheaper for the 2 of us to cruise than to send 3 parents lol!! But, if money wasn't a problem then we'd send all of them. But they'd have to be on seperate ships LOL!

I love the Pacfic Islands, the balmy weather and good company of the Aussies, so will be loving my Pearls of Tahiti cruise with Chook, but my ultimate has always been Antartica from Chile, then I think Alaska, followed by Carribean, Med, Hawaii, Asia... Oh so many places, so little money. Now to win lotto or find Richie Rich.

If money wasn't a problem I would book out the Pacific Sun for all my rellies, yes there are hundreds, and send them off to the islands in the Pacific and then I would get on a different ship, doesn't matter which, and head off for some peace and relaxation feeling guilt-free because they would also be having a great time or fighting with each other. I wouldn't be involved, ah bliss!!

Hi! I only have a few relatives and they are into fighting with each other in a big way. Would there be a couple of spare cabins so I could send mine away with yours? Love your sense of humour ! From Pink Poodle:)

If money wasn't an issue.......i would cruise hop for the rest of my life....anywhere and everywhere.. lol...shiona

I am with you shiona, different ships different countries have to try them all so we know which is the best:D

I've heard you can actually buy a suite on some of the luxury liners....I'd buy one and eventually retire there cruising all over the globe... ooooh can someone set an alarm to wake me from this delicious daydream in 15-I have to cook dinner soon.....

Where would you cruise to and why?

I would cruise from New York to the Caribbean.

Seeing money is no object - All of the above, and in an Owners or Penthouse Suite. 60 days per year on the seas till all the following have been done:

Alaska - Northbound to Whittier, followed by rail & land to Fairbanks. (Got a little teaser in the mail from Princess yesterday (gorgeous).

Europe - Lap around British Isles by land then Norwegian Fjords BTB with Greek Isles

Pacific Circle, the one Sam mentioned earlier. (Get to do Alaska again as part of it)

South America with land trip to Valley of the Incas \ Maccu Picchu

Kimberlys, PNG, North Australia on North Star Cruises ( Carries around 40 PAX & has it's own Helicopter)

Western Caribbean

South Pacific cruise each year with my newfound CC friends

Forget the Upgrade Fairy, I need Lucky the Lottery Cat for this to happen. Even with money being an issue to some degree, I hope to tick all these off before I pull up stumps.

Cheers,

Geoff

I believe if I say something often enough hubby will take it on board!!! We're doing a med cruise 2nd Sept ( One down). I promised myself we'll do a Canandian landbased trip with a Alaskan cruise when the kids grow up, next year it's China he says no more holidays after China I said hope you don't miss me too much.....

Around the world cruise on the QM2 first off

Then a private charter of one of the P&O ships, or any available cruise ship in fact, for a cruise around the South Pacific & New Zealand for a select group of family and friends.

I would book a suite to see what all the fuss is about. I have only ever had inside (cheap) rooms.

It would have to be 5-6 star of course.

Not fussed on location although Europe is on the list. Researching to see whether I will get to see what I want or whether I should do a land based tour instead.

Hi! I only have a few relatives and they are into fighting with each other in a big way. Would there be a couple of spare cabins so I could send mine away with yours? Love your sense of humour ! From Pink Poodle:)

Hi Pink Poodle, if they talk about each other behind their backs, kissy kissy one day, and blazing rows then next, nothing is ever good enough, the whole world is wrong and they are right, oh, and the world owes them heaps, then they might just fit in quite well! If I didn't have a sense of humour I would be just like some of 'em. Actually, there is a handful that are quite lovely, I would probably have them on my ship!! Isn't dreaming FUN!!!;)

Mine would be a suite on The World of ResidenSea, doing a few months around South America...Chile...Argentina...Mexico.

My own butler and chef...ahhhhh...love to dream!!

Kaz

Think we will need to win Tats for that to happen, but love the idea....

Mine would be Antartica (I know, on my own... You don't like the cold....:D )

Think we will need to win Tats for that to happen, but love the idea....

Mine would be Antartica (I know, on my own... You don't like the cold....:D )

I don't particularly like the cold either but would LOVE to do Antarctica.

Karen

Speaking of the cold, I thought I'd share a story with you all.

Two of my DH's sisters (and one hubby....other not married) recently went on a 6 week trip to Canada & Alaska (lucky b****rs). Anyway, we saw them for the first time the other day and heard all about the trip.

Whilst in Anchorage, the motel they were staying at had fire alarms go off and they had to evacuate. There was a girls (approx 12 y.o.) soccer team staying there and they were in the indoor heated swimming pool at the time. Poor things had to stand in the motel car park at 10.30 at night wearing nothing but cozzies & a small towel wrapped around them:eek: (and remember ...they had just got out of a heated swimming pool). After a while, a couple of guests realised they had their car keys with them & let the girls sit in their cars until they were allowed back in an hour & half later.

Now THAT would be cold.

Karen

If Money was not an Issue I would do The 106 Day Cruise around the world.

I have looked into World Cruises and they look great. I'm not sure what Line there are a couple that do Long 100 plus days cruises. But Thats my dream Cruise. I think Im going to do It the year I retire. I have 30 years to save up. Now I have to talk my wife into spending 106 days on a ship with me:D.

If money was no object, I would love to go to do a Canada and alaska cruise, an Europeon cruise, New Zealand cruise, round the world cruise and a Tahiti cruise. Basically if I could cruise every day that would be wonderful!

I am happy with P&O Australia though and I love all the South Pacific islands.:)

Archived