Check your reservations!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my TA found us another Aft Jr - (on Deck 7) but at least it's where we want to be ship wise.

RCL still claims no responsibility, but I did find out that the cabin may have been double booked. That might have caused the error.

But the news is good and I promised everyone an update when I had it.

Thanks for all the support!

Debie

RCL won't release a hold until the time is up on it without authorization. No one has given that authorization, that's why my TA is working with her RCL rep, not just RCL customer service.

BTW - the refund was from RCI/Carnival on my CC statement.

Debie

HUH!! the refund was from RCI/Carnival????? Now this really has me confused. Something is not right. What in the world does Carnival have to do with this?? Why would they even refund you any money for a ship that is not theirs?

Annieeee

Royal Caribbean is very strick on their payment dates.

I have seen this happen several times in the past. Usually it is one of the following

Passenger just missed final payment date

Final payment made via cash or check and agency has to make a check out and mail it to Royal caribbean. The time period is too long and misses the date.

Credit card used is a debit or money card where tehir is a security max amount that can be used per day. When a final payment exceeding the cc max is applied it will be rejected which can cause a missed final payment date.

Payment gets lost at Royal caribbean, have seen this but very rare.

Just wanted to let everyone know that my TA found us another Aft Jr - (on Deck 7) but at least it's where we want to be ship wise.

RCL still claims no responsibility, but I did find out that the cabin may have been double booked. That might have caused the error.

But the news is good and I promised everyone an update when I had it.

Thanks for all the support!

Debie

What ship are you sailing on? I think the JS Aft cabins on Deck 7 on the Mariner have obstructed views. You might want to inquire if your cabin's view is unobstructed. Find out before it's too late to change if you want to.

Seems to me that RCI should be the ones to call the new person who has your cabin and let them know that it was a computer glitch, that cabin was not really available, offer the cabin you now have so they can keep those pax and give you back your cabin. Yes maybe those folks will be upset, but in fact that cabin was never really available so they should/would not have been able to book it had the RCI computers worked correctly in the first place. Granted if I were on the end of the call from RCI that I was being moved because I should not have gotten the cabin in the first place I would be mad, but if ultimately explained and offered a OBC I would get along with life. Of course OP is owed some OBC as well under the circumstance.

OP, hope you get some compensation as well as your cabin back! Also, hope you get to enjoy the cruise regardless!

that's what I think too!!! Tell them "sorry, we were misinformed... you can't have that cabin, it belongs to someone else that already PAID for it!!!"

RCL won't release a hold until the time is up on it without authorization. No one has given that authorization, that's why my TA is working with her RCL rep, not just RCL customer service.

BTW - the refund was from RCI/Carnival on my CC statement.

Debie

Glad to hear that your ta was able to get you an aft cabin. BUt I still do not understand why the refund was from RCI/Carnival??? Those two are not affliated.

Annieeee

I think RCI should do something else for you to say sorry. A modest OBC, offer of an upgrade, or even drink coupons would be the way to smooth things over a bit. They'd better waitlist you for your original cabin, too.

If the TA had a hand in the mistake (wasn't suspicious of this until OP said, "RCI still claims no responsibility."), well, he/she is only human. All the TA can do is fight to fix it and apologize.

If RCI claims no responsibility, then it seems that neither side can prove the other really was the one at fault. That doesn't mean the TA made a mistake. It just means that she doesn't have the documentation/confirmations to prove she paid on time. If that TA has really good documentation, then she can force RCI to own up.

Either way, I wish you luck and compensation!

Archived