Check your reservations!

So, my brother is checking his bank account and sees a refund from RCL for the final payment on this cruise. He calls me right away and asks what happened. I call my TA who tells me that RCL cancelled our reservation without a reason.

Later she tells me that they said lack of final payment; then later still they said "computer glitch".

So my TA is frantically getting me another JS because the ship is full and SOMEONE has a HOLD on my aft JS already! So as of today, I am in a different JS, RCL has offered no compensation for the SANFU and I am hoping whoever is holding my aft JS gives it up so I can get back the room I paid for over 6 months ago.

I am so upset I can hardly speak. It's crazy to me that RCL can do this and then give my cabin away. And then offer me no compensation or explaination for this treatment.

My TA is working with her RCL Sales Manager to get this corrected, but I am telling everyone here to check their bank account and make sure you still have a reservation.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Debie

Have you worked with this TA before? The reason I am asking is someone else posted a thread a month or two ago with the same situation but it turned out the TA, basically forgot to send in the final payment.

I have done all of my cruises with this TA and I trust her a lot. THe payment was taken out of my account and then returned several days later.

This was nothing the TA did. It was all RCL, they basically admitted it.

I am just glad my TA was able to get us a new JS - but I would like my original one back. :)

Have you worked with this TA before? The reason I am asking is someone else posted a thread a month or two ago with the same situation but it turned out the TA, basically forgot to send in the final payment.

Sue, if Debie's ticker is right, they don't sail with RCI for over 400 days.

Debie, we need more info and I really hope you can get your cabin back :mad:

###

Sue, if Debie's ticker is right, they don't sail with RCI for over 400 days.

Debie, we need more info and I really hope you can get your cabin back :mad:

###

Yes, but she said they refunded the final deposit so obviously there must be a another cruise in there. ;)

OMG! I would be so upset. I don't even know what to say to you. I would have my TA all over them though to rectify you losing that aft JS! I really hope it works out for you and all gets fixed! Keep us posted.

Tara, At this point someone is holding my aft JS and unless that hold is cancelled I cannot get it. That's why my TA is working with the RCL sales rep to try to get it fixed.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Debie

When I log into the RCL website to go to my cruises, it says I have no currently purchased cruises. When I try to add the reservation to my cruises it won't add, but it still lets me view the reservations. I also am not able to price check our cruise (when I search for Mariner of the Seas cruises for September I get no cruises in the results).

I am going to say there is a major issue with the RCL website. If it is not fixed by the AM I will call my TA and RCL if necessary. I already have my sign and sail pass printed and ready to go as well as my receipts for final payment I just hope they don't cancel our rooms as we really like the ones we booked.

Heather

I alot of computer glitches on the RCI system lately. There have been alot of complaints and no compensation about it. With reservations, cruise credits, kids C&A, excursions, and more. They really need to get this corrected. Come on RCI.

Yes, but she said they refunded the final deposit so obviously there must be a another cruise in there. ;)

You are correct (as usual :) ) I thought her two tickers were for the same cruise!!

Wow, Debie, I hope you get this fixed, we have been reading about too many mix-ups with RCI lately :mad:

Sue, I hope you are done packing!!! Cannot wait to hear about your Alaska cruise :D :D

###

I thought I'd better check my reservation, too - and it said I had no existing cruises! Oh no! So, I called RCI and gave them the info. Thank goodness, the cruise is still there, but the agent said they are having computer problems. How does she know that? She said that same thing just happened to another caller so, it must be a "compter problem." It's a shame that Customer Service doesn't even know what's going on with their website/computers.

You are correct (as usual :) ) I thought her two tickers were for the same cruise!!

Wow, Debie, I hope you get this fixed, we have been reading about too many mix-ups with RCI lately :mad:

Sue, I hope you are done packing!!! Cannot wait to hear about your Alaska cruise :D :D

###

Yep all done even with DD clothes that I am bringing since she is flying in from San Francisco and didn't bring the right things with her. So I get an extra bag and she gets all the new clothes I bought her, :D Don't worry I will post a review.

Tara, At this point someone is holding my aft JS and unless that hold is cancelled I cannot get it. That's why my TA is working with the RCL sales rep to try to get it fixed.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Debie

Seems to me that RCI should be the ones to call the new person who has your cabin and let them know that it was a computer glitch, that cabin was not really available, offer the cabin you now have so they can keep those pax and give you back your cabin. Yes maybe those folks will be upset, but in fact that cabin was never really available so they should/would not have been able to book it had the RCI computers worked correctly in the first place. Granted if I were on the end of the call from RCI that I was being moved because I should not have gotten the cabin in the first place I would be mad, but if ultimately explained and offered a OBC I would get along with life. Of course OP is owed some OBC as well under the circumstance.

OP, hope you get some compensation as well as your cabin back! Also, hope you get to enjoy the cruise regardless!

Seems to me that RCI should be the ones to call the new person who has your cabin and let them know that it was a computer glitch, that cabin was not really available, offer the cabin you now have so they can keep those pax and give you back your cabin. Yes maybe those folks will be upset, but in fact that cabin was never really available so they should/would not have been able to book it had the RCI computers worked correctly in the first place. Granted if I were on the end of the call from RCI that I was being moved because I should not have gotten the cabin in the first place I would be mad, but if ultimately explained and offered a OBC I would get along with life. Of course OP is owed some OBC as well under the circumstance.

OP, hope you get some compensation as well as your cabin back! Also, hope you get to enjoy the cruise regardless!

In addition to the fact that they had your money and issued a refund for the final payment. If that's the cabin you really want, that's the cabin you should STILL get regardless of the hold. The other people should be getting "the short end of the stick" so to speak.

Keep after anyone you have to, but in a firm nice way, because the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Almost makes me afraid to check the status of my cruise but I guess it's better to keep checking just to make sure nothing bizarre has happened.

CRUZNRN2: I don't know why someone else has a hold on the cabin, but that is what the RCL resversation person has told my TA. That's why she is working with the RCL Sales rep to get it fixed.

Maybe there is a waiting list? and people get called if a cabin is freed up? even if it's not really free....:D

I am trying to keep smilimg through this - at least I can afford a cruise and I still do have a JS to bunk in.

Thanks everyone for the support. It's why I come to these boards - support and suggestions!

Debie

My thoughts would be , give the 'glitch' to the person currently holding the JS, and take let RCCL take the heat from them..versus someone who actually paid already....(you)

What would have happened if you had NOT checked your checking account ?

David:D

This is happening more frequently with RCCL.

We called RCCL in June to make final payment for clients. We stated the full amount due to the RCCL rep. to charge the clients.

Client happened to check their c.c. statement a few days later on line, found that RCCL did NOT charge the full amount. They called their relatives they were cruising with and they had the same thing happen.

We called RCCL and asked why the full payment wasn't applied correctly - no answer as to what happened. They did charge the balance due that day.

Thankfully, we ALWAYS call in the final payment at least a week before it is due so that the rooms weren't lost. And since then, we have always called and checked that the full payment has been applied a few days after we call it in.

RCCL is making mistakes and they don't always notify the TA either.

I agree that the people who have your previouly booked cabin on hold should be bumped. How awful for you to start a planned vacation with this stress.

We have had an aft cabin booked for almost a year and I did not trust the booking until I got my documents and saw the cabin number on the luggage tags.

I've been in a similar situation and was treated like a pain by the travel agent who no longer will get my business. She thought it was silly to worry over a cabin. Well, all cabins are not created equal and either your agent needs to work harder in getting your cabin back or you need to call Crown and Anchor and get this fixed before the other party does make final payment.

I've sailed enough that I would indeed cancel my cruise if my cabin were bumped.

Good luck.

As long as everything worked out ok why do people think they should be compensated. Problems with computer happen. Do banks give compensate you for their errors. Do other companies? Why do people think that they should always get something?

Archived