Aft Junior suite

I just booked Southern Caribbean cruise for 01/17/09 on the Serenade for my 50th B-day and choose a JS (#1602). I have heard these are wonderful cabins especially since they have larger balconies. Is the motion of the ship going to be worse in this cabin or do I have little or nothing to worry about.

Actually, it depends on how sensitive to motion you are! While we never felt any major swaying or "up and down" motion, we did have quite a bit of vibration. Didn't notice it during the day, but while lying in bed....Well, it got a tad annoying at times.

We had an AFT last year on Mariner - felt no movement, but I didn't like the cabin, couldn't see where the ship was headed - drove me crazy! Plus did get some soot on the balcony at times. Plus did not look down onto water directly below us. This year we are booked in a side balcony.

Pros of Aft: Larger balcony, a bit larger cabin (JS) and in our case on that particular cruise, no detectible ship movement.

Enjoy!!

We had 1602 on the Radiance (same class as Serenade). It's a fabulous cabin with an incredibly huge balcony. We hosted the sailaway party - 20+ people and plenty of room!

We had some rough seas and the motion was never bad. The only drawback is that reeeeeeeeeeeally long walk to everything. I considered it to be an excuse to have dessert! :rolleyes:

Archived