Mariner 7688 and 7388...booked!

I am going for the "Mother-in-Law of the Year Award" this time. My daughter, son-in-law and friends wanted to sail the Eastern Mariner itinerary next June.

At first i had them on Deck 9 aft. After reading the CC posts (and with the help of a very good TA), I have booked them into these two corner aft E1s. The photos from http://www.voyager-class.com make the balconies look awesome!!

What do you think? Do I get the award??

Maureen

I'd be glad to hear your review of the cabin when you return in October.

I originally had them side by side, but after checking with the kids, they preferred the bigger balconies since the balcony dividers couldn't be removed to join theirs together.

Yes, You get the award!!:D

We will be in 7688 in November and I can't wait! On my last Mariner cruise, we had 7690 and when I looked over at the 7688 balcony I was so jealous at how big it was! The couple that had 7688 were CC'ers and we had talked before the cruise, so it was nice to at least know the people I was envious of!:eek:

Bucaneergirl

Originally I had the friends in 7690 - but when they saw the other balcony they were willing to not be right next door in order to have the same space.

RCCL didn't show these cabins as available. I asked the TA to enquire and was able to get them both.

My son-in-law just emailed me his appreciation...so what more could a mom want?? :)

Have a great time on your trip!

Maureen

I am going for the "Mother-in-Law of the Year Award" this time. My daughter, son-in-law and friends wanted to sail the Eastern Mariner itinerary next June.

At first i had them on Deck 9 aft. After reading the CC posts (and with the help of a very good TA), I have booked them into these two corner aft E1s. The photos from www.voyager-class.com make the balconies look awesome!!

What do you think? Do I get the award??

Maureen

Although there are larger staterooms in the aft, those balconies are HUGE! We had heard about them on here, and had seen them on Webshots, so on our last Voyager-class cruise we just helped ourselves to 7688 during disembarkation. You could move in and start a new way of life out on those balconies. I saw a picture once where someone had 21 people posed for a picture on 7688. They weren't using even half of the balcony for that. Way to go!

Thanks, CLQ!

My friends and I had a jr suite on the Voyager last year and I thought the balcony was really big. I think it was only half the size of these - and these come with an E1 price tag (I'm almost surprised that RCCL doesn't make them a higher category. It must be because the cabin square footage is standard deluxe balcony. Someone did say that the cabin seemed a little larger because the room was more square than rectangular.

I'm going to send your post on to my daughter - she'll be delighted.

You get the award. We were on the Mariner this past June and had 7688, 7690 and my daughter and her girlfriend had 7388. Loved loved them! Don't know if I could book anything else! Here is some pics of our balcony 7688. Got more if you want more. I think we had 2 loungers and 4 regular chairs on our balcony and 7388 and 2 or 3 loungers and at least 3 regulars chairs. Plenty of room. We had our family of 6 formal picture taken with the sunset in the background out there one night - really nice.

IMG_0470.jpg.3373fd1c90dcc6dde3d685dafeaaca12.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg.70ea58fc31af28a2924a9b082e25e166.jpg

Thanks, CLQ!

My friends and I had a jr suite on the Voyager last year and I thought the balcony was really big. I think it was only half the size of these - and these come with an E1 price tag (I'm almost surprised that RCCL doesn't make them a higher category. It must be because the cabin square footage is standard deluxe balcony. Someone did say that the cabin seemed a little larger because the room was more square than rectangular.

I'm going to send your post on to my daughter - she'll be delighted.

The cabin is the same size as a side E1 cabin - we've had the side cabins before - same size - just the balcony is huge. It's a triple cabin. The room is not square - it's rectangle. I think the higher floored cabins (10th floor) are more square.

You get the award. We were on the Mariner this past June and had 7688, 7690 and my daughter and her girlfriend had 7388. Loved loved them! Don't know if I could book anything else! Here is some pics of our balcony 7688. Got more if you want more. I think we had 2 loungers and 4 regular chairs on our balcony and 7388 and 2 or 3 loungers and at least 3 regulars chairs. Plenty of room. We had our family of 6 formal picture taken with the sunset in the background out there one night - really nice.

Thanks for the photos Peggy - I have 7688 booked for April 2008. This will be our first balcony cabin and I am really looking forward to spending the majority of my time there.

The cabin is the same size as a side E1 cabin - we've had the side cabins before - same size - just the balcony is huge. It's a triple cabin. The room is not square - it's rectangle. I think the higher floored cabins (10th floor) are more square.

It's a long narrow room. However, all that sq. footage outside really would make it all seem bigger.

Archived