I got it - #8088 on Radiance!!

Due to unfortunate cancellation of one of our CC folks, I was able to snag what I think will be one of the best cabins available (in the price category). So - if you have been in 8088 on Radiance in the past, please do share your experiences and views. While we did have the GREAT Portside aft JS on the Grandeur on her return to NOLA, I'm really looking forward to the Canal Transit on Radiance in a 'HUMP' location!! :D !!

ccxnola-

Congrats - we've had that same cabin on the Brilliance and did the canal

in 8088 on the Serenade! You'll love it. Throughout the canal be sure and

wander to the fore and aft decks, too. You'll love the privacy that 8088

provides and the wonderful views of the locks and all the activity.

Take care of the cabin, we've got 8088 on the Radiance Sept. 28

round trip L.A. to Hawaii! If you forget anything we'll pick it up!

Barb & Jim

Barb & Jim,

Based on your reply, I was ready to do my 'surprise in the cabin' trick (see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=450459 )

but you will be on board before us! We depart LA on Nov 4, 2007.

Soooo - if you do leave something in the cabin and the staff have not located it and diverted it to their pleasure, then June & I will be happy to get it for you.

FWIW, I never did get any reply regarding the hidden suprise on Grandeur. I have a suspicion that the folks at RCCL monitor these post and stop any funny business!! It was no big deal - just some special Mardi Gras Beads,

I didn't notice this and I was below in 7088, but my wife said that you could hear the music from the atrium. Guess that's the only drawback. I think I would go to the 8th deck next time. The cover for the lifeboats is on the 7th, which really wasn't a big deal for me.

When we were booking our Cruise to Hawaii Oct 2008, had an opportunity to get a mid hump on the 9th Deck but because friends were going with us ( 1st cruise) I chose Mid ship, then they cancel out. Something told me at time of booking to get it anyway. Oh well next cruise.

Ahhhh, one of my favorite cabins and my favorite ship. 8088 is so close to everything. We've had this cabin several times and would definetly book it again. You'll love the balcony and because it's so big, try to have dinner out there sometimes. You should have two lounge chairs a small table and 2 reg. chairs. Nice, huh!!

Due to unfortunate cancellation of one of our CC folks, I was able to snag what I think will be one of the best cabins available (in the price category). So - if you have been in 8088 on Radiance in the past, please do share your experiences and views. While we did have the GREAT Portside aft JS on the Grandeur on her return to NOLA, I'm really looking forward to the Canal Transit on Radiance in a 'HUMP' location!! :D !!

We will be in 8088 on the 8 nt. Eastern Nov. 24th...Can't wait...Later, Jill:cool:

It looks like a FINE cabin and location on the ship. I am SO READY to go!!

All you folks just be real nice to Radiance and the staff between now and then and we'll be sure to carry the tradition forward! :)

Barb & Jim,

Based on your reply, I was ready to do my 'surprise in the cabin' trick (see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=450459 )

but you will be on board before us! We depart LA on Nov 4, 2007.

Soooo - if you do leave something in the cabin and the staff have not located it and diverted it to their pleasure, then June & I will be happy to get it for you.

FWIW, I never did get any reply regarding the hidden suprise on Grandeur. I have a suspicion that the folks at RCCL monitor these post and stop any funny business!! It was no big deal - just some special Mardi Gras Beads,

When my daughter and I were on Conquest July 1st, I left a little something for the next folks in our Cat 12 cabin-a note to let them know the blow dryer died,which we never got to use, and they had no replacements!!:( :D

Thanks QM2 for posting the pic of 8088 on the Jewel. We will have that cabin on the Jewel on Nov.11. That will be her first cruise afte the TA. I am so excited. We also have that same cabin next Nov. on the Serenade.

We can't wait.

Judi :)

We have it on the Brilliance in dec, and I'm wondering how much of an echo there may be on the balcony, given the structure.

I understand that you can occasionally hear the string music from the centrum, so I'm aware of that.

thanks in advance,

Wendy

• 4 weeks later...
8102 is the same configuration, but has a sleeper twin and single pullman--8088 has 2 pullmans.

whoo hoo, we were lucky enough to get this cabin (8088) for Alaska for next summer. Just wondering where both the pullmans are..I saw one directly over the queen bed (two twins that convert), where is the other??

• 4 years later...

What a great cabin!! We were in 8088 on Radiance last year for our 10-nt MexRiv cruise and LOVED it!!! Be aware that you can hear music from the Centrum late at night, but we enjoyed it. I would go after that cabin again in a heartbeat on any Radiance-class ship.....:)

Archived