Diamond Princess - Lido Deck BA Cabin?

TenerifeSharon

We just booked the Diamond Princess for a 31 night - Whittier to Bangkok cruise for Sept. 2008 (whoopee). The price was so great that we couldn't resist, refuse or anything else -- nor did we want to!

Now the question -- there weren't any available BA cabins on Caribe Deck (maybe not with the online agency I used...because of the great price??) so we had to take Lido Deck (L212). Has anyone had this cabin -- good? bad? ugly? It's our first Princess cruise and we are already looking forward to the 31 nights onboard. Guess we'll know if we made the right cabin choice by the time we get to Bangkok:D

We were in L255 on the Diamond and loved the location. Just walk a little ways back and you are out on deck in the pool area and pizza and grill. Walk a little further and you are at the next pool and then the buffet. We felt very little movement but we had very calm seas for our coastal cruise. There is very little foot traffic up and down the halls near the Lido cabins. Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks judyjudy56 and Host Caroline. Being new to Princess, I wanted to be sure we weren't making a mistake in cabin choice. The TA suggested doing a BC guaranty, but for a 31 night cruise, it just seemed too "iffy" for me.

Seemed strange to me, but the large online agency's price (via an eMail from them) was more than $3,000 less (for the 2 of us) than the next best competing price. And that was including all taxes and fees, so I was comparing apples with apples!

OK, so now that I know the Lido BA cabins will be fine -- even if they aren't Caribe -- what part of the Fitness area is located above L212? From the Deck plans on the Princess site, I can only tell that they look like several small (massage?) rooms. We're on port side. Can anyone tell me what is located directly above us? 32 days can be a very looong time to have someone dropping weights over our heads continually:eek:

hi,

it is very quiet, i had a week spa pass back in Feb.and the area above L212 is for Therapy and a little refreshment corner (ice water,fruits and to cool of)

those people don't make much noise.

enjoy your 31 Days...

Archived