Early morning coffee

eddmel

Other than room service, on the Voyager is there any place to get coffee and tea early, around 6:00am? I keep on reading messages that contradict each other. I read several messages about something called the Coffee Corner. Where is it and what time do they open? What do they have there? I thought there was something at the pool but when I called Regent they said nothing at the pool until lunch. We will be on the Voyager next week.

The Coffee Corner is low-down somewhere, off the atrium (can't remember exactly, but easy to find.) It has a machine. My husband, who is an early-bird, says he believes it gets service around 5 a.m. or so. You just press a button, and voila. There's usually some pastries or something as well. The coffee's pretty good there, as I remember.

This is what I remember... we were deck 6 cabin went down to 5 (computer room, boutiques etc) and tucked in corner on 5 are wonderful machines with expresso, coffee, cappucino etc etc and I thought machines were operating 24/7 - never go that early so they may have pastries etc but I do know in mid afternoon they have the BEST cookies!!! (Try coconut or cranberry)

On the subject of coffee, how is it? We've been cruising with Princess for quite a while now and this will be our first Regent experience. The quality of coffee on Princess ships has been a big source of complaints for as long as I can recall. Seems they use some type of coffee syrup which most find awful. We both enjoy a good cup in the morning and that's something that's always been lacking. Based on everything I've been reading thus far, I suspect that coffee quality will be excellent!

Rob

Coffee is very personal. We like our coffee strong and use French Roast or other dark blends at home (we use a Super Automatic Saeco machine thanks to friends we've cruised with) and we think of all the things on Regent that would improve our experience would be to get rid of the dishwater they call coffee and replace it with some real quality coffee. We order Cappucino in the dining room even for breakfast. Room Service coffee is best on the ship and different than the regular stuff they pour in the dining room.

Hmmmm......even somewhere inbetween "blech" and "excellent" will be a step up from what we've been accustomed to with Princess! Sounds like something else to look forward to!

Thanks for your replies!

Rob

Travelcat2, like your DH I love the coffee from the Coffee Corner. I often push the espresso button once and then fill the rest up with regular coffee. It comes perfect with a little froth on top. I dislike the coffee from room service and always get coffee from the large machine that grinds the beans while you wait. I have a Saeco machine at home so I am use to strong black coffee. Room service coffee is for much too weak and very bitter IMO.

Archived