Question when booking two guarantees.

Carnivalbound

I need to book two guarantees, is there a possibility that they will be put next to each other? Or at least on the same deck? I know I can't be positive but maybe someone has experience with this issue and can help me out.

Thanks!

They will do the best they can, it doesnt always happen. Highly likely you will be on the same deck. No way to really give a definitive answer on this, its the luck of the draw.

I need to book two guarantees, is there a possibility that they will be put next to each other? Or at least on the same deck? I know I can't be positive but maybe someone has experience with this issue and can help me out.

Thanks!

I don't want to come across as rude (not my intent)..........but guarantee is priced for a reason. Some people(not saying you) come on here......wanting the lower rates along with the advantages of picking specific cabins.

To answer your question, I'm sure people have been booked next to each other or on the same deck..............but just as many probably have been booked a ships length apart.

If you can handle the chance go for it and save the $$.....if you have any concerns step it up a bit and book specific cabins...try to take advantage of any sales offered (you can normally read about them here first).

For me, I couldn't leave my cabin up to someone else or a computer to pick my fate...............good luck and have a GREAT cruise(what ever choice you make)

To answer your question, I'm sure people have been booked next to each other or on the same deck..............but just as many probably have been booked a ships length apart.

Id go one step further and say very few wind up next to each other compared to how many wind up spread out. Iv heard often folks wind up on the same deck, but if its important to you, book a specific cabin.

Even if someone knew the percentage, if they told you there was a 5% chance of being next to each other, you would still be wondering since its not 100%.

For our June 07 cruise we booked 2 inside GTY cabins, after final payment, & receiving docs, we had been upgraded to 2 ocean views, not next to each other or on the same deck. We were on 7, the other was on 2. It wasn't a problem or a big deal. There are phones throughout the ship to get in touch or simply by leaving notes.

Since is wasn't so bad, we decided to book 2 OV GTYs for our 08 cruise . Maybe we'll get lucky again & get upgraded to a balcony. (wishful thinking).

Thanks!

Don't hold your breath. I have booked two cabins on multiple occasions and never had them next to each other.I have also had 1 stay an inside and 1 get a balcony,which we gave the kids the inside room.:D

Thanks!

Not sure how often it happens, but I can tell you that it does indeed happen. Last year we booked a 4A and a 1A guarantee on the Conquest. We were upgraded to adjoining oceanview rooms! :) We are a family of 5, so it was great being able to leave the door open between the rooms.

For our June 07 cruise we booked 2 inside GTY cabins, after final payment, & receiving docs, we had been upgraded to 2 ocean views, not next to each other or on the same deck. We were on 7, the other was on 2. It wasn't a problem or a big deal. There are phones throughout the ship to get in touch or simply by leaving notes.

Since is wasn't so bad, we decided to book 2 OV GTYs for our 08 cruise . Maybe we'll get lucky again & get upgraded to a balcony. (wishful thinking).

Are there phones in the rooms so you can call each other. We're with a group on a future Conquest cruise and I already know we'll be spread out. I never have seen any info on this??? Thanks

Are there phones in the rooms so you can call each other. We're with a group on a future Conquest cruise and I already know we'll be spread out. I never have seen any info on this??? Thanks

Yes, there are phones in every cabin and also located throughout the ship. You can leave messages on the phones, so it's pretty easy to keep up with everyone.

Thanks!

As long as you cross reference both booking numbers, there is a very good chance you will get cabins side by side. I did this with 3 guarantee cabins on the Pride and we were all side by side.

Fred

Thanks!

The more I think about it, I gave you some incomplete info:o . I have never had them together or even near but it also depends on the ship,time of year,ect.

On our upcoming Legend Cruise we booked 2 gty cabins. At final payment the other cabin went from a 3 to a 4 person room. Our cabins are on the same deck with 3 cabins in between. The cabin right next to ours is a 3 person cabin. So I think it is a fair assumption that the cabins were originally next to each other.

As long as you cross reference both booking numbers, there is a very good chance you will get cabins side by side. I did this with 3 guarantee cabins on the Pride and we were all side by side.

Fred

When I booked our cruise for DH, DM, MIL, and niece, we booked two guar. One BL and one 4A, I told pvp that we want next to each other. She stated that would not be a problem since I was the one paying for the cruise, our booking numbers would be cross referenced. Now we just have to wait and see it that happens.

This was my experience for my Glory 7-19-08 cruise. We booked two guarantees-an inside (for 3) and a balcony (for 2). The inside was immediately assigned at booking. It was a Riviera deck room. When I called TA he checked with Carnival who said they were running low on triples even a year out. Obviously, there are no balconies on that deck so we are several decks away. I think that it depends on how many people have booked whether they can keep the cabins close-this is speculation on my part but that is how my booking worked out.

On our first cruise on the ecstasy we originally booked two inside gty cabins and we used My name and my wife's name so that the last names would be the same and they could be together. Well a few months later some friends of ours decided to join us and they too used the gty. We gave them our booking number and told them to mention that they are with us so that they can try to "keep" us together. Well im not sure if we are just lucky, but all thre cabins were side by side and we had been upgraded to a 5A. But honestly...it really didnt matter that we were side by side, we would just call up each other on the phone and make plans to meet in a public deck. Some people were early risers so they would be out and about before the others...Some people just got ready quicker so they went out first. Its like goign to the mall...just make sure you have a meeting point!

We almost always book guarantee cabins and have never been too far from the others cruising with us. Sometimes, we are side by side, but never more than a few cabins in between us and the others. I don't feel the need to be right next door to anyone we're cruising with (unless it was my kids when they were younger), so it's not that big of a deal to me if we're spread out a bit.

Just booked 3 cabins in 3 different categories, all linked together. One of these was a 1a, and still is on deck 1 but upgraded to 4a. The other 2 were upgraded to deck 4 and are relatively close to each other.

I called to confirm that these were linked, but I am posting to let you know they may not necessarily put you even on the same deck. Probably have a better shot with 2 cabins in the same cateogory, though.

Archived