9/1/07 from Copenhagen

Lynn and I will be on the cruise, but we're doing a Regent post-cruise at the Goring, so we have private car transport, lunch, and a tour going into London. $360 sounds kind of steep, but Great Britain is very expensive. You might want to check with the concierge when you get aboard. Also, we have a group of 38 with our TA and you might find someone to share with in the group. Don't know if Regent will have a transfer package that you can buy into London, since most will be going to the airports, but it will be a lot less expensive if they do have one. Have your TA check with the Regent concierge.

• 2 weeks later...

We would be interested in sharing the cost of the trip to the Heathrow Airport. Our flight is on Virgin Atlantic at 3:00 pm. I was planning on checking on transportation once we were on board the ship. Let's try to work this out so we can share the cost. Julie

Cost per person from Regent can be booked on board.

To/from Dover - London USD $150 (compared to $335pp by car)

If you want to arrange a private transfer this is a transfer company that does Dover to London transfers. Never used them before but they came highly recommended by another firm I have used in the past. Do not know their rates just contact them directly.

Brian Higginson

higginson@lakewood3853.fsnet.co.uk

Hope that helps.

I try not to recommend any particular service or private tour on the boards, but there are some very good ones (tried and true) which can include tours of various areas along the way if interested.

Last year I paid 145 pounds for a brand new Mercedes Minivan that comfortably could seat 6 plus luggage.

Since you know all these great companies, why don't you share with the rest of us? How are we supposed to get in touch with them if you don't post? And why don't you make some recommendations? Not everybody gets kick-backs. They are just concerned for the rest of us non- TA's. Judy

I don't post recommendations as to private tours or transfers because I feel I am selling rather than providing or discussing cruise information.

Personally I feel just as the emails that say, "email me and I will give you the name of a great travel agent" (because posting recommendations as to individual TAs is prohibited), I think my posting recommendations as to third party providers is...at least to me...the same sort of violation of integrity (even if the rules don't prohibit it).

Does that make sense?

Dougburns,

Don't I wish the rate last week had been 1.8 like you indicate! Unfortunately , it was more like 2.05!

But I do agree, I think it's much better to pay around $400 for a private car ( especially if you can share the costs with other people) that pay $300 to Regent for a bus transfer.

Archived