On Voyager in February

with my DH, but planning on Liberty in Jan 09. with our two sons.(two cabins) Is it a good idea to wait until we are onboard in Feb to book our Jan cruise for the OBC, or are we likely to spend more in a price increase if we wait ? I don't want to spend $500 to save $200. Since this upcoming cruise will be our 5th with RCI, will we get Platinum benefits by booking on the ship?

Let me tell you what happened to us with waiting to book on the ship. In about February of 07 we decided to go on the Voyager in March of 08. I checked the prices and a balcony room was $1100/pp. At the time we were booked to go on the Rhapsody in May of 07. We decided to wait to book for the Voyager while on the Rhapsody. Big mistake. The first week in May the same balcony room that was $1100/pp jumped up to $1450/pp. I could have kicked myself. Needless to say I did not book the Voyager cruise while on the Rhapsody but I did book a next cruise so I at least have my $100 onboard credit. I kept checking the price on the Voyager to see if it might come down and it did come down last week to $1250/pp for the balcony room. That's is better than $1450/pp but waiting to book on the ship still cost me $300 for the two of us to get the $100 credit. So my advice to you is if you have a good price on your cruise book it as early as you can because you never know when the price will go up.

If you like the price you can book it now and when you get on board, if the price has not gone up, then you can have the agent cancel the booking if its booked directly thru RCI and rebook it with the OBC. If its gone up, then you keep it and bypass the OBC.

Archived