Why you don't post more?

MSammy

For me it is fear of being flamed and rude responses. I know email and internet responses often come off sounding worse than intended but it still inhibits me from posting more often. You?

I don't worry in the slightest about being flamed. I always post with courtesy to others ... never personally attacking anyone. I feel this forum is designed for a sharing of ideas, just as all message boards are ... and that's the manner in which I use it. I feel I can air my feelings as well as learn from the opinions of others. Now if someone else chooses to use this board for other purposes, such as to personally attack or flame me, God bless 'em ... let them have their fun. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Flaming? What flaming?;)

But seriously, I can deal with flaming as long as it doesn't get personal and/or nasty! There is no room for that here or anywhere. This is a pretty good board that puts out some pretty good info with a bit of humor here and there!:)

I don't post that much due to:

1) time constraints

2) I usually use the internet late at night, and for some reason cruise critic often freezes when I try to post and nothing happens. By the next evening, everything on the topic has usually been answered by others, so there's no point in my replying to that post anymore.

Laffnvegas- I like your new avatar!~

The reason I am posting less is because I am about to take my third cruise on the same ship and I have very few, if any, questions. I don't have the energy to respond to others' questions any more- usually they have been asked and answered by the time I see them. It's just been very quiet over at NCL.

I never posted so much in my life as I did over here before and after the Noordam cruise. We also had a very active roll call- this time we don't even have enough people for a meet and greet. There is a lot of banter over here that I'm just not a part of any more as the cruise was 8 months ago now!

It really seems as though everything has been covered at this point.:o

I think that a free and easy exchange of information and opinions with lots of different viewpoints is what makes this board useful. ....... What I DON'T think is that this board constitutes my group of friends or even my peer group

I absolutely agree about the free and easy exchange of information and opinions. I have used that as a guide in choosing cruises and have been pleased with my choices. I've also read things that have been helpful in areas other than cruising.

Personally, however, I feel a bit more attached to this group than MercedMike says he is. I've met a number of people through these boards, and enjoy the developing friendships. These are people that I believe really care about me and my interests - and I certainly care about them and theirs. Examples: 1) An offhand remark about puppies put me in touch with a lovely lady in Canada who shares an interest in the same breed I have. 2) A roll call person happened to live nearby - we met for lunch one day and have become great friends. I could go on, but you get the idea.

I totally enjoy these boards, and look forward to meeting more of you.

For me it's probably 90% because there are so many others who know so much more than I and can say it better too, so why post on a subject I can't add to, and about 10% fear of flaming. But I'm very careful about what I say (or at least I try to be!) so the chances of getting flamed are pretty small for me, unless I have an off-day and really say what I think ;) I know that we all have the right to say what we think, as long as we don't insult individuals, but it would not be pleasant IMHO to be flamed by lots of people all at once as I have seen happen to others.

I have learned SO much in the short time I've joined CC, and appreciate all those who share so much with us newbies!

I like to post if I think I can be helpful. I'm in agreement with Laura, that there are only so many times you feel like you can say the same thing. If a thread goes "claws out" then I simply abandon it and go on to something else.

:) I never get tired of talking about/reading about HAL and cruising. :)

Next best thing to being aboard. ;)

I've been attacked so many times, I wish I had a penny for each and I'd have enough for a free cruise. :)

Usually, I only post if I have a question or if I know (from my own personal experience) the answer to a question. I don't really worry about flaming - but then I try to avoid the really hot topics.

And yes, I go over my replies multiple times looking for spelling errors - it drives me crazy if I post something with a typo.

cindy

For me it is fear of being flamed and rude responses. I know email and internet responses often come off sounding worse than intended but it still inhibits me from posting more often. You?[/QUO

Nothing would stop me from posting....& I only post when I have something important to say, or to answer a question, or to ask a question. I found the HAL board, & the CC members, to be the most helpful. I have never been flamed by anyone on the boards, & if I were....it wouldn't bother me in the least:) It would never inhibit me from posting.

Lynne:)

The posters that annoy me are those who have obviously done little or no reading before repeating a question that has been beaten to death within the last month! :eek:

Oh, heck, I don't mind that in the least ... after all, it has the delightful side-effect of giving us yet another opportunity to beat the question/topic to death on yet another thread. :D

Look at the resurrection of the Dress code debate, newly posted to the board. :) How many times have we gone around about Jeans in the Main Dining Room, and yet some of our most frequent posters -- who KNOW better -- are still talking about how Jeans are not allowed in the main dining room and how horrible it will be if such happens. The Dress code prohibition of jeans on Casual nights was cut at least a year and a half ago!

In the end, I'm convinced that we keep going around about such topics, like Dress Codes, precisely because we would rather actually be aboard ship WEARING the clothes and not just talking about them on this board. Since we can't be aboard a damship 365 days a year, this is the next best thing to being there. :)

In the end, I'm convinced that we keep going around about such topics, like Dress Codes, precisely because we would rather actually be aboard ship WEARING the clothes and not just talking about them on this board. Since we can't be aboard a damship 365 days a year, this is the next best thing to being there. :)

Greg, You have hit the nail on the head. Despite what our opinions may or may not be and who we may disagree with, the one thing that is most certain is the majority of us would much rather be on a ship. So by posting it takes up that time till we can and at least we can talk about being on our faovirte DAM Ship:D

if I didn't misread many of the comments to the thread Roz started, you'd be a perfect candidate to work for HAL in Seattle or Idaho!:D:D

LOL...So, you're saying I'm messing up my future career potential by going on a cruise in October?

I KNEW there was a catch. :mad: :rolleyes: :D

if I didn't misread many of the comments to the thread Roz started, you'd be a perfect candidate to work for HAL in Seattle or Idaho!:D:D

:D There 'ya go........roiling the waters!@!! Where's Mariner when we need him ? :)

:D There 'ya go........roiling the waters!@!! Where's Mariner when we need him ? :)

good question

where is Mariner

maybe like at the Mariners' party, he's "busy booking another cruise":D

didn't mean to roil any water .. this time;)

As many of you have stated, most of the time the question asked has been appropriatly answered and there is no need to throw my two cents in.

However, cruising is my addiction and my vice.:D I need to talk about it with others who share my disease. This site fulfills that need perfectly, if not always peacefully ;)

I do not post much for a variety of reasons. Many of the questions asked on this board are much better suited for someone more experienced than myself to answer. I also find that that when I do have something to contribute to a thread, it has already been posted by someone else.

BUT THE REAL REASON....is that I am a person that likes to observe, listen, people watch. I am like this in person so I think it influences how I act on this board. I have been a reader of this board for almost 2 years now and I check in almost daily to see what everyone is saying, but I am more comfortable keeping quiet and putting my 2 cents in only when I feel that I have something worthwhile to contribute.

Meredith:)

Could you send me or let me know where can get some information on the Eurocruise.

Ruth has calculated he cruise budget for next year and she will probably get frequent flyer miles from HAL for each of the next 5 years.

We have decided to start splurging and spending the retirement accounts so the check to the morticial will bounce.

Ruth andd Jim

Could you send me or let me know where can get some information on the Eurocruise.

Ruth has calculated he cruise budget for next year and she will probably get frequent flyer miles from HAL for each of the next 5 years.

We have decided to start splurging and spending the retirement accounts so the check to the morticial will bounce.

Ruth andd Jim

That sounds like a good plan Jim, here is the link with the info about the CC Eurodam Group Cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=546951

I would love to have you and Ruth join us on the Yum Yum Man Worshippers Cruise Feb 9th on the Oosterdam but there still is no Non Stop flights from Orlando.There is not one Non-Stop flight going out of Florida that goes into San Diego :(

What is going on then.

Ruth is having a hole burned in her pocked

She is considering the 10/18/08 cruise because "WE ARE NOT ON A CRUISE THAT MONTH"

The make Valium for flights

She has conned me into Sea of Cortes out of San Diego in Dec 2008 anyway.

Besides after she got her allowance she """"G A V E ME P E R M I S S I O N TO GET A NEW L A P T O P."

Ruth and Jim

Jim, February 9th a large group of us are doing the Mexican Riviera on the Oosterdam. We named it the Yum Yum Man Worshippers Cruise:) I have set up a group cruise thru my TA but many have just booked with what ever TA they found a good price with and we are linking our booking numbers. So are this is the list that are booked, it is quite a large group of active HAL board CCers. This cruise started with localady and myself booking this together then it just took off from there.;) We have quite the active Roll Call and we already have Sean wearing Red Slippers;)

Yum Yum Worshipers

LAFFNVEGAS Lisa and Tom

Localady Sher and Bob

middle-aged mom Karin

SDHALFAN Valerie

werewolf Connie

Crescoia Ken (DH of Connie)

Marjeanne Jeanne and Huston

Tinknock50 Sean and Mom (Katherine)

Hammybee Lynn

seniormiss Jill

itwinkle3 Stacey and George