Pacific Sun Today

karmac

Has anyone else been abused for wearing a P & O shirt? My hubby who is yet to cruise was wearing one I had bought on my last cruise. This ignorant imbecile came up to him and said How can you wear that mate, hope you aren't sailing on that Sun ship the bloke was murdered on. I am proud my hubby faced him and said how can you blame P & O for that, If it had happened and it does, down at your local footy club with a lot of drunks you wouldn't say anything to someone wearing that clubs shirt. I wasn't close enough to hear or I would have had my say too. Has anyone else copped that??

Dozens of passengers yesterday told of rumours of a brawl between a group of men and at least two women and that drugs may have been involved.

I think that is the key sentence in this article. RUMOURS.... Not one person said they actually saw any punches, etc.

Rumours! Don't we all come home saying there was a rumour that such and such were kicked off in Noumea etc because of drinking/sex/drugs/obnoxious. I think on every cruise I have been on there has been rumours about something - maybe there were all true but usually none of would know.

If any of the rumors are true at all,I dont Know? But why are P&O with such so called strict alcohol policies still selling "Shots" to passengers? Isnt the idea of shooting strong alcohol to get you drunk? And quickly? Back to the age old question,P&O restrict passengers from drinking b.y.o because they may not be responsible enough and get too drunk and, then they sell them strong alcohol in the form of shooters to get them drunk? alcohol related deaths can be varied and include Asthma attacks among other things.

I never saw anybody on my cruise in May being drunk and disorderly,but a few teenagers had their card put down to no alcohol red, I also saw a lot of people drink copious amounts of drink in the legends bar that would have seen a lot of others flat on their backs,with no restrictions from P&O staff at all,in fact it was encouraged,I know this for a fact as I spent the early hours of every morning in the bar,and although not a big drinker myself,it was a good place to chat and "smoke" without annoying other passengers,and seated on a table of like minded people who "were" heavy drinkers found myself being given alcohol by the wait staff without even asking for it. Sell more alcohol make more money! If this poor guy died from an asthma attack brought on by excessive alcohol consumption then P&O are responsible for not implementing their own policies correctly.

Keepcruising said this morning that it is now policy not to serve shots/shooters after midnight. After I went to bed they got stuck into the drinks one night and the bartender came up and told them that they weren't allowed to serve shots after midnight. Allowed them to order one more round or something and then that was it.

So her opinion on the news story was that it couldn't be completely correct because I states they were drinking shots/shooters after 1am.

If any of the rumors are true at all,I dont Know? But why are P&O with such so called strict alcohol policies still selling "Shots" to passengers? Isnt the idea of shooting strong alcohol to get you drunk? And quickly? Back to the age old question,P&O restrict passengers from drinking b.y.o because they may not be responsible enough and get too drunk and, then they sell them strong alcohol in the form of shooters to get them drunk? alcohol related deaths can be varied and include Asthma attacks among other things.

I never saw anybody on my cruise in May being drunk and disorderly,but a few teenagers had their card put down to no alcohol red, I also saw a lot of people drink copious amounts of drink in the legends bar that would have seen a lot of others flat on their backs,with no restrictions from P&O staff at all,in fact it was encouraged,I know this for a fact as I spent the early hours of every morning in the bar,and although not a big drinker myself,it was a good place to chat and "smoke" without annoying other passengers,and seated on a table of like minded people who "were" heavy drinkers found myself being given alcohol by the wait staff without even asking for it. Sell more alcohol make more money! If this poor guy died from an asthma attack brought on by excessive alcohol consumption then P&O are responsible for not implementing their own policies correctly.

I guess this is the age old chestnut...who is responsible?

Pretty hard to tell when we don't know the facts.

IMHO I believe P&O like any pub or club that serves alcohol has a duty of care to it's patrons, but there are alcohol related deaths on land and sea, in resorts, hotels and pubs, and in private people's homes.

I am in no way saying that this is what happened (as none of us really know yet) but based on past incidents really some adults should just learn some restraint.

I guess this is the age old chestnut...who is responsible?

Pretty hard to tell when we don't know the facts.

IMHO I believe P&O like any pub or club that serves alcohol has a duty of care to it's patrons, but there are alcohol related deaths on land and sea, in resorts, hotels and pubs, and in private people's homes.

I am in no way saying that this is what happened (as none of us really know yet) but based on past incidents really some adults should just learn some restraint.

Couldn't agree more Carlz.

It just really gets to me the media's interpretation of events and how they are trying to destroy what little reputation P&O have left... I am trying really hard to organise a cruise with friends but the media is making it worse as they are getting more discouraged with every report... The front page of the Sun Herald today "P&O DEATH: NEW CLAIMS" and then went on to talk about drunken brawls, not until the final sentence admitting that the CCTV footage showed no evidence of anything of the sort... thats for the people who read that far..

It just really gets to me the media's interpretation of events and how they are trying to destroy what little reputation P&O have left... I am trying really hard to organise a cruise with friends but the media is making it worse as they are getting more discouraged with every report... The front page of the Sun Herald today "P&O DEATH: NEW CLAIMS" and then went on to talk about drunken brawls, not until the final sentence admitting that the CCTV footage showed no evidence of anything of the sort... thats for the people who read that far..

just bring your friends online to CC and we'll convince them of how much fun it is!

I think the line "...there was a brawl, either over a woman OR a $20 bet..." says it all. THEY HAVE NO IDEA!

Karen

They should know better......It is always over a woman. The only way you would fight over a $20 bet was if the bet was about the woman.

Strange effect they have on us blokes.

Cheers

Geoff

Archived