Anyone use Hotwire for a Downtown Miami hotel?

loops

I'm looking to book 2 rooms in Downtown Miami using Hotwire. If I choose the 3-star in Downtown Miami...will the hotel be okay? Don't need anything fancy, just want a clean/safe place to sleep for 1 night.

Thanks!

Sounds like you were satisfied. Right now Hotwire is selling 3-star rooms in Downtown Miami for $49.

Do you recall how much it cost to get taxi from hotel? We are a party of 6 traveling. We will probably take a taxi from the airport to hotel, do you know the cost?

Thanks.

I also used hotwire and had really good results. We stayed at the Intercontinental and the Radision on two seperate times. Both Hotel were nice and we got a really good price on both. I wanna say the Radision was a three star and Inter continental was a four star.

Hope that helps,

shan9700:)

You are right the Radisson is a 3 star and Intercontinental is a 4 star.

I think I'll go with the 3 star....This may sound silly but since we need 2 rooms, they will both be in the same hotel, right????

I wanted to stay in Biloxi both directions to Florida (Im driving). Hot wire for cities like this seems too high. Some cities in Florida mainly seem to be discounted. I cant see paying $69 for a 2 star in Biloxi which is the highest star available. Or $59 for a 1 star. Only two choices actually in areas I would like to be.

Florida is great to have such cheap choices. Iv about given up on Hotwire and priceline.

mdj9969: How did you get from airport to hotel, hotel to port? What were the costs?

Thanks!

Sorry to jump in loops, but I saw on another thread (and on the MIA airport website) that a cab from the airport to downtown area is $21, and airport to pier was $24. I'm staying at the Radisson, as well, in September (reserved through Hotwire as a 3* :) ) and I called them and they have a shuttle to the pier for $5 per person...hope this helps.

Sorry to jump in loops, but I saw on another thread (and on the MIA airport website) that a cab from the airport to downtown area is $21, and airport to pier was $24. I'm staying at the Radisson, as well, in September (reserved through Hotwire as a 3* :) ) and I called them and they have a shuttle to the pier for $5 per person...hope this helps.

Hi all - I got this hotel on Hotwire too (2 rooms - 49 each) for December. Do they have a shuttle from MIA to the hotel?

I read somewhere that a cab from this hotel to the port is $10 so if you have more than 2 people the cab might be the way to go...

Hi all - I got this hotel on Hotwire too (2 rooms - 49 each) for December. Do they have a shuttle from MIA to the hotel?

I read somewhere that a cab from this hotel to the port is $10 so if you have more than 2 people the cab might be the way to go...

No shuttle from MIA to the hotel...sounds like the taxi's the best option. The taxi to the pier may be best too since a hotel shuttle may not be as convenient. Great price on the room too Sunny! I paid 63 for Labor Day weekend and was pretty happy with that, but 49? Great price!

We booked the Intercontinental thru Priceline last year, and it was GREAT! We scored the room for $99 for one night pre-cruise this past December.

Loved it...highly recommend that hotel. Very close to the pier, too. The IC was near the Bayshore shopping area, too.

Okay. I have never been a fan of hotwire or priceline because I am not much of a gambler. But it sounds like you guys have it figured out pretty good. 3 star is Radisson and 4 star is IC. How much is everyone getting the IC for? I stayed at the HI last year and loved the location. Where is IC and Rad in comparison. And 1 more thing, we were really wanting to stay in South Beach but prices are so high. Does anyone know any rates that are going on hotwire at a good location? Sorry to hijack the thread but thanks for any help.

Archived