Any "Secret" Portholes or balconies on any ship other than Disney?

sabri

I know that the Disney Cruise ship has "secret" Porthole cabins as well as "secret" Verandahs (balconies that have a slight obstruction, therefore you are not charged for a balcony room).

Does anyone know if there are any other cruise ships on any other cruise lines that have such a thing?

Thanks. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Carnivals inside 4J rooms 9101,9102 &9103 are above the bridge and there is a door right outside your cabin that goes to a public viewing area. You have a window but the railing obstructs your view and it's best to keep your shades drawn for privacy. Some motion in rough seas and a long walk but the price is right

Carnival has PT cabins that used to be sold as right under 6A OVs, as 5A, but maybe they didnt sell well as now they sell for the same price as a 4A. The best part is you can pick any PT for the lowest 4A inside price. I booked a PT on Empress, 4 decks up for the same price as the cheapest regular inside cabin... and it has port holes.

Cabins 7056 and 7055 on HAL Amsterdam - outside cabins with views on a little used public aft deck. Just 5 steps (I counted!;)) from our cabin 7056 to that "secret" deck that we enjoyed for our entire 14 day cruise to Alaska - mostly just us and our friends that we met on the cruise. There is a similar cabin on HAL Volendam, the A's sister ship - 7086. Really great bargain, just one flight of steps up to the aft SeaView Pool and Bar and the Lido restaurant for quick drinks, snacks, or activities. Love it!

• 1 month later...
I booked a PT on Empress, 4 decks up for the same price as the cheapest regular inside cabin... and it has port holes.

Thanks for the information, firefly. I peeked into a PT cabin while I was on the Splendor last year and liked what I saw so I booked one(on Main) for a cruise coming up in 2013 on the Victory. I just checked deckplans on vtgo dot com to see where PT's existed on Empress deck and I only saw them on ships that sail less than 7 days. Was I correct or did I overlook some?

To the original poster, we love 4K's on Carnival. We had one on the Dream and we're booked on one on the Magic in October and one on the Glory next April.

On MSC Poesia, 12209 and 12212, inside aft cabins that have a door right next to them to a little known and little used aft public deck. From aft deck there is one flight of stairs to outside aft eating deck that is part of buffet restaurant.

Paid for a cheap inside (great for sleeping) but was able to sit outside with coffee every morning while hubby was still sleeping. I would suspect the Orchestra would have the same situation.

http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/msc-italian-cruises-msc-poesia-deck-plans.html

Archived