Do You Think This Would work???

travelintrio

We are booked in a mini-suite. Would a standard fabric shower curtain on a tension rod be big enough to separate the bed from the sitting area/fold-out sofa? My Husband and I will be traveling with our 4 year old. I was hoping this would provide a little privacy. It looks like it will be big enough. Has anyone ever tried this or anything similiar?:D

The tension rod, if they allow you on board with one, would have to be longer than a normal one. You may want to consider ear plugs for the little one. Or go to plan B and while the little one is at camp with the kids, you two can take care of business without any worries.:D

The rod would have to be 9 feet long. At which point, it wouldn't be much of a tension rod.

I agree that this is something that Princess could improve. There does need to be some kind of divider, even if it's just a drapery, between these two areas.

Exactly - this is on my wish list for Princess. I don't understand why there's no separator of any kind between the sleeping and sitting areas.

.....because for all of us that do not travel with a four year old.....a separator will just be something to get in the way and to trip over....;)

The tension rod, if they allow you on board with one, would have to be longer than a normal one. You may want to consider ear plugs for the little one. Or go to plan B and while the little one is at camp with the kids, you two can take care of business without any worries.:D

And then again, there's always that extra-giant sized bathroom which

has a door:D

This is going to be totally useless info, but one of the other carriers, possibly RCCL, had a curtain that could be drawn across to partially separate the areas. When not in use, it just folded against the wall. That would be a great addition to the mini-suite.

This is going to be totally useless info, but one of the other carriers, possibly RCCL, had a curtain that could be drawn across to partially separate the areas. When not in use, it just folded against the wall. That would be a great addition to the mini-suite.

Thanks for all your comments. Having a drape across the area would help her get to sleep that's what I'm concerned with. She is so social she won't want to miss anything. Well I guess we will be spending more time on the balcony.;)

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Don't forget the Pelican club, 9-12, 2-5, 7-10! Also, when we took our son on his first cruise, he was also 4, be brought a portable DVD player with his favorite movies which he watched in bed and fell asleep.

.....because for all of us that do not travel with a four year old.....a separator will just be something to get in the way and to trip over....;)

No really! I don't even have kids in the cabin. I think it's a great idea.

Disney ships have heavy drapes to separate the areas.

BTW, they do allow spring rods to be brought on board. I use one in the shower for wet suits or drip dry clothing.

Are you implying that there is no clothes line across the bath in the mini-suite like there is on other cruise lines ?

Are you implying that there is no clothes line across the bath in the mini-suite like there is on other cruise lines ?

There is always a small pull out clothes line in the shower/tub area. Not sure why anyone would want to bring along a tension rod for the bathroom to hang clothes??????????????

There is always a small pull out clothes line in the shower/tub area. Not sure why anyone would want to bring along a tension rod for the bathroom to hang clothes??????????????

I bring it because there are some silk blouses etc. that I don't put in a dryer! If you try to put hangers on the string line, they all bunch together, so I just use the tension rod in the shower. The rod fits snugly in the luggage and it's great!

I bring it because there are some silk blouses etc. that I don't put in a dryer! If you try to put hangers on the string line, they all bunch together, so I just use the tension rod in the shower. The rod fits snugly in the luggage and it's great!

OK, that makes sense. I see your point, thanks for filling us in.

What I have done in the past is take some small travel clothes pins. I can pin them to the 'string' one no each side, and it keeps the hangers in place.

The way the vanity thing is set up that holds the two tvs. It does angle out some, you could always use our sure fire plan, run her raggid all day, take her to the pool or give her a bath at night, plunk her in her jammies in the fold out couch with a kids movie on and enjoy some wine on the balcony by the time you get in she will out for the count. It's worked for 10 years for us!

The way the vanity thing is set up that holds the two tvs. It does angle out some, you could always use our sure fire plan, run her raggid all day, take her to the pool or give her a bath at night, plunk her in her jammies in the fold out couch with a kids movie on and enjoy some wine on the balcony by the time you get in she will out for the count. It's worked for 10 years for us!

That sounds like a good idea!:D

I don't see why you couldn't just bring a roll of heavy duty twine to tie between the TV shelf and the vanity. Then take some clothes pins and hang up a king sized sheet (that you brought with you). During the day simply unclip the sheet, fold it up and put it in a suitcase. I'm not sure it would work, but it's worth a try.

Archived