I got my daughter's passport yesterday!

Me&Steenie

I applied for my 11-year-old daughter's passport on May 30. At the time, I hadn't booked our cruise yet (which is departing August 12). I booked the cruise at the beginning of July, and began checking the passport status online. Since it always said the same thing (that it was currently being processed), I knew I would probably have to make an appointment with the passport agency in New York City.

For 2 nights I called, and the automated system said that there weren't any appointments available at all! Okay, so now I'm starting to get nervous. I don't know what button I pressed, but I got a customer service rep. She asked for all my info, and I told her that I was leaving for the cruise on August 11. She told me that she put a note in the system, and to call back if it didn't come 48 hours before I left.

Well, yesterday morning (August 7) Fedex came, and it was the passport! I was so happy that I didn't have to go to the agency and deal with the subway and long lines. I definitely learned my lesson about procrastinating!

Glad to hear that you recieved your daughter's passport. I is ashame how much anxiety that all of the delays have caused and how it is difficult to get a good status of when the passports will be available.

The key is for people to apply as early as they can.

Keith

Archived