Weather in England early September?

We will be spending a week in England from Sept 6- 14th post cruise and I am wondering how cool it will be then...realizing that no-one can predict accurately. Because of packing restrictions and having to take hot weather clothes for the Mediterranean, I don't want to have to pack more than I need. For example would a sweatshirt each be enough or should we both pack jackets? And if it rains, will it be a warm rain or chilly? ( I know, impossible questions!!)

So, if any of you have been there at that time of year or live there, could you give me some sort of idea of the essentials?

Hopefully someone can help me....we leave here in less than 2 weeks!!

Weather in the UK is totally unpredictable at any time! We have had a lousy really wet summer cold at times but when the sun comes out it is scorching!

The first two weeks in September is the time my parents choose to take a holiday as there wedding anniverary is at this time! They have been married 56 years and I recall they have nearly always had good weather!

I think a sweatshirt for the evening and maybe a lightweight rain coat will be advisable!

Fingers crossed it is a scorcher we need it lol

Hope this helps!

We will be spending a week in England from Sept 6- 14th post cruise and I am wondering how cool it will be then...realizing that no-one can predict accurately. Because of packing restrictions and having to take hot weather clothes for the Mediterranean, I don't want to have to pack more than I need. For example would a sweatshirt each be enough or should we both pack jackets? And if it rains, will it be a warm rain or chilly? ( I know, impossible questions!!)

So, if any of you have been there at that time of year or live there, could you give me some sort of idea of the essentials?

Where in England,only a small island ,but so many different kinds of weather ,the same day.

Could be anything from very hot and sunny, or cold, wet and miserable. The general rule with British weather is that one should always expect the unexpected. Oh, and it always rains in Wales!

Matthew

Where in England,only a small island ,but so many different kinds of weather ,the same day.

MAKEM, We have a saying here in Chicago, If you don't like the weather, wait a minute, It'll change... Kinda sounds like your corner of the world...:p

OP here is another link for international weather. It will give you a forecast for 15 days out. http://www.accuweather.com/world-index.asp?partner=google&KNC-google&HBX_PK=world+weather&HBX_OU=50

Gail

Thank you for the Wonderground website. It was very helpful and I can see that we can expect anything from scorching heat to chilly rain. Sigh. That is just like Calgary....very changeable!

Well, I guess we pack our jackets!!

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Archived