Price drop question?

red47

I know this has been answered before...I tried the search, but to no avail!

The price of my cruise on AOS 10-14-07 just dropped $ 700.00, I booked thru a TA, I have just paid my final payment. Am I still able to get this discount? and thru whom, the TA or RCI? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RCCL is pretty good about honoring price reductions, even if it is after final payment, as long as the price drop isn't just for new bookings. Your TA is a different story - you have to go through the TA to get the price drop. Hopefully, your TA will honor it as well.

If you book through a TA, any price adjustments have to be done through the TA.

Sometimes if your TA does enough business with them, they can get a price reduction, upgrade, cabin credit even after final payment is made. I sure would ask the TA what he can do for you. The worst that would happen would be a resounding "NO." I know on one very large group cruise (over 100) the price went down after final payment and we all got a $50 cabin credit and that was after the final payment. This was in addition to the other perks that the TA had arranged like an open bar gathering for hosting a large group.

If RCI says no deal, then if your cancellation penalty would be less than the savings on a new booking and you can get a comparable cabin, a threat of cancelling and rebooking might get their attention. RCI does have a good reputation of working with you with price drops.

Tucker in Texas

If RCI says no deal, then if your cancellation penalty would be less than the savings on a new booking and you can get a comparable cabin, a threat of cancelling and rebooking might get their attention. RCI does have a good reputation of working with you with price drops.

Tucker in Texas

OP said they've made final payment - the penalty to cancel could be substantial enough that it wouldn't pay to try this.

Archived