When can I start booking for May 2008?

xz3k3x

Sounds sort of strange :confused: I've already been booking some stuff for June 2008 over this last month or so - hotels are done, a shore excursion and I am in the process of booking our Amtrak seats from Vancouver to Seattle. There's no reason why you can't start doing many bookings for next May.

Not sure how you're trying to book stuff, but maybe you could try making a phone call rather than book online if you're being told that there is nothing available when you go to the website. I don't know about car rentals, but most hotels allow bookings from a year away and a lot of the shore excursions I've found are the same.

Good luck :)

I want to get my hotels, tours and car rentals all set up but seem to be having problems. Nothing seems to be available. Am I to early? It seems as if others are booking for May already.

Just this morning I booked a rental car in Juneau for July 3-6 at $23/day plus taxes. I am in the process of booking my frequent flyer ticket as 330 days before each flight becomes available. Pretty much you can book anything up to July 6, 2008 now, even later through some vendor websites.

John

OK - Maybe it's because I'm trying to book online. I'll start calling.

Try both. I booked the car through a travel agent's reservation system. I know hotels are often available online (but hotwire was no bargain yet for 2008!).

I already book a hotel in Anchorage through Hotwire for June 2008.

Was able to also book Denali flightseeing and OCRA Ent. whale watching in Juneau.

I do think that I read somewhere that the rental car office in Skagway won't take reservations until this cruise season ends; so should I call in September (but they close on the 15th? try the 1-800 number?) or should I wait till they reopen in May (will they be sold out?).

Good luck and maybe post on this board if you learn of some other restrictions, etc.

I already book a hotel in Anchorage through Hotwire for June 2008.

Do you mind sharing your find on hotwire? Date, price, hotel and what amenities it showed? Thanks. The hotels on hotwire for Juneau for next year were no great bargains.

John

When I was researching hotels for next may, I would find that online rooms at a lot of the hotels were 'unavailable'. I found this very strange and decided to call some of these hotels. It turns out that some hotels do not have prices out for next May as of yet. Maybe that is the problem you are running into?:confused:

I will be cruising to Alaska next May and have already done the following:

Reserved Hilton Hotel at O'Hare

Reserved Alaska Airlines flights using frequent flyer miles

Reserved Hertz rental car at Anchorage Airport

Reserved Hotel Alyeska at Girdwood

Reserved Holiday Inn Express in Seward using Priority Club Points

Reserved Harv & Marv Whale Watching tour in Juneau

Reserved Hyatt Hotel in Vancouver using Hyatt points

I did not encounter any problems with any of my bookings. I did, however, make a typo once and had a problem with one my booking - I didn't put in 2008 so I couldn't get what I wanted. Once I saw what I did, I corrected the error and didn't have a problem thereafter.

who likes to book way in advance--we're cruising Aug 31, 2008, and I've booked whale watching with Harv & Marv, and our Seward hotel, which is a little out of the ordinary. As soon as the other hotels and airlines open up, I'll book the rest.

Reserved Alaska Airlines flights using frequent flyer miles

Reserved Holiday Inn Express in Seward using Priority Club Points

I assume you needed 25,000 points per night for the Holiday Inn Express in Seward?

I am in the middle of booking my flights on a combination of American and Alaskan. A bit complicated since a flight I wanted to book today on Alaskan was not available through American. Just as well - I might add a day to my trip anyway. But you really need to nail down tickets using miles as soon as possible. But it's funny to me to be booking my Alaska trip for next July when I have two more Alaskan trips coming up before then!

I assume you needed 25,000 points per night for the Holiday Inn Express in Seward?

I am in the middle of booking my flights on a combination of American and Alaskan. A bit complicated since a flight I wanted to book today on Alaskan was not available through American. Just as well - I might add a day to my trip anyway. But you really need to nail down tickets using miles as soon as possible. But it's funny to me to be booking my Alaska trip for next July when I have two more Alaskan trips coming up before then!

Yup - Holiday Inn Express is 25,000/night - 50,000 total for our two-night stay.

We got lucky with our flights. I booked our Alaska Airlines first class flights the day FF availability opened up -- 40,000 miles for each round trip ticket.

Lucky you - two more trips to go - must be nice. :)

Yup - Holiday Inn Express is 25,000/night - 50,000 total for our two-night stay.

We got lucky with our flights. I booked our Alaska Airlines first class flights the day FF availability opened up -- 40,000 miles for each round trip ticket.

Lucky you - two more trips to go - must be nice. :)

Thanks for the update. NancyIL and I got a bargain booking last fall for this summer at only 10K points/night.

I am in the middle of booking American/Alaska Air flights for next July. So far very good availability. I will probably fly first class too. TIP - when flying first class on Alaska Air, even with a frequent flyer ticket, you are entitled to access to their lounges called Boardrooms. Double check when you get your e-ticket receipts, but you should be booked in "A" class and that qualifies. Great to relax, and super if you have any logistical glitches like I did last month. They went out of their way to help me find a place to stay in King Salmon with 2 hours notice when places were full.

With that great NY to Anchorage airfare I am seriously considering a trip there in early May as well. It would end up costing me $150 more than my two planned trips to NY. Incredible!

Archived