Miami airport vs Fort Lauderdale

misha1

Hello everyone, been away for awhile preparing for our RCCL cruise. We are taking Century out of Miami in April and , I know this topic has been discussed before but, I don't have time to look it up. I am meeting with my 6 other cruisemates tomorrow to discuss airfare. We are flying in the day before and I just wondered how far to the Miami pier from Fort Lauderdale and, is there transportation that would haul all 7 of us...and our luggage? How much would that cost? We can get a straight through flight to Fort Lauderdale for about 150 dollars per person less than flying into Miami, but I am not familiar with the time and money involved in getting us to and from F.L. and the Miami pier. Thanks in advance. Julie

Hello everyone, been away for awhile preparing for our RCCL cruise. We are taking Century out of Miami in April and , I know this topic has been discussed before but, I don't have time to look it up. I am meeting with my 6 other cruisemates tomorrow to discuss airfare. We are flying in the day before and I just wondered how far to the Miami pier from Fort Lauderdale and, is there transportation that would haul all 7 of us...and our luggage? How much would that cost? We can get a straight through flight to Fort Lauderdale for about 150 dollars per person less than flying into Miami, but I am not familiar with the time and money involved in getting us to and from F.L. and the Miami pier. Thanks in advance. Julie

Last year we spent $80 for four of us in a van from Ft Lauderdale to port of Miami. I don't think 7 with luggage would fit. There are several companies that provide that service that you can find on-line.

Fly me in some Frozen Custard, and I'll take you to the airport!! LOL (Lived in MKE for 30 years, now in West Palm Beach)

Anyway, we went on the Century April 2007. We ended up renting a one way car for drop off in Miami. The rental company offered free shuttle service from the downtown drop off, to the pier. Plus, my Brother and S-in-Law were flying in from MKE direct to MIA and we were able to pick them up. PLUS with having the rental car we were then able to arrange to arrive at the pier when ever we all felt like getting there. Worked out really well, and I'd do it again in a second! Ended up doing the same on departure day as you can also pickup a shuttle at the pier for rental cars. Plus, you can then arrive at the airport when you need to, rather than wait in the airport for sometimes HOURS before your flight, and you can see a little of Miami and/or S. Beach before you head back home. (For 7 of you, make sure to get a large enough vehicle.... oh... and don't forget to bring my Custard...)

Enjoy the cruise!!

Do they allow dry ice on the plane? Thanks for the limo link. That was my first inkling but I just do not trust these companies without reliable recommendations. I like the idea of having our own car too, but being unfamiliar with the traffic and highways, just don't feel like fighting that. One can tell that I am from a small city when the highway patrol comes along side our car on the freeway and makes hand-motions to "get-going", and we were driving 80 miles an hourin Fort Lauderdale a couple of years ago. Julie

Archived