PRINCESS says jeans ok on Princess?

PescadoAmarillo

Hi by the hex,

The thread started on dressing for "smart casual" nights not formal. It seems Princess has okayed jeans for the smart casual nights but not on formal. I think we might see more jeans on our cruise!;)

Hey Ralph, you don't have to give away all my secrets. They did not teach me to spell in the Army and I did not do a good job before that. It is a weakness from birth.

The font looked fine when I wrote it and came out different when I saved the reply. It was suppose to be funny any how.

And it was. I was just funnin' with ya cause I have to do the same thing. I have problems with any word over 2 syllables.

And it was. I was just funnin' with ya cause I have to do the same thing. I have problems with any word over 2 syllables.

I knew that, just my defensive nature.

By the way, leggs ok, knees I am not so sure about. Maybe nylons would help.

I knew that, just my defensive nature.

By the way, leggs ok, knees I am not so sure about. Maybe nylons would help.

Hey, my knees get all crinkled up when I hold them out with my feet up off the floor. They look great when I'm standing up. BTW did you notice the font in "syllables?"

BRAVO!!! VERY well said!! I agree with you entirely. Excellent!

On my 9 night Crown Princess cruise there are only two formal nights. That's it, just two formal nights. If people CHOOSE not to get dressed up for them, then the way I see it they're making a choice not to go to the dining room.

Princess asks people to dress up for formal night - it's not called jeans and T shirt night for a reason. Not dressing up is thumbing your nose at the cruise line, and deliberately disobeying their rules. Not complying with the rules of your host is just plain rude.

I can never understand it when I hear people whine "But I just want to be comfortable on my vacation", blah blah blah. If your formal clothes are uncomfortable, then you're buying them in the wrong size. If folks are really hell bent on being comfortable, then maybe they should order room service. They can eat in their rooms, in their jammies and flip flops, and be comfortable. And the rest of us won't be able to see them!

Or wait until McDonalds has their own cruise ship, and people can wear their bathrobes to the dining room to eat their Mcbreakfasts. :D

Sharon H.

This thread is about smart casual nights and not formal nights. Perhaps you should read the first post to see what this thread is about if you can't read updates regarding the first post. No one has said a word about wearing jeans to formal nights.

You have also just agreed with a poster that has overexaggerated and misled other cruisers here on two topics of information where the poster was proven wrong and we are waiting to hear from the poster as to why the huge discrepancy. It is their credibility that is at stake here and everyone wants to give him/her a chance. So far no word.

Hey, my knees get all crinkled up when I hold them out with my feet up off the floor. They look great when I'm standing up. BTW did you notice the font in "syllables?"

yes I did, I was impressed that you could use the whole computer and not just the cc boards.

If folks are really hell bent on being comfortable, then maybe they should order room service. They can eat in their rooms, in their jammies and flip flops, and be comfortable. And the rest of us won't be able to see them!

Or wait until McDonalds has their own cruise ship, and people can wear their bathrobes to the dining room to eat their Mcbreakfasts. :D

Sharon H.

It's only rumor....but WallyWorld may be entering the cruise industry.

I think I'll wait and see what they offer.

walMartSeasW.jpg

Haven't been around the Princess boards in a while. Glad to see some things never change.

Ah, but they HAVE changed. Jeans are now allowed in the dining rooms on Princess on non-formal nights. One might think that that would put an end to the debate.

But, then, what am I saying? You're right, some things never change.

If someone else has already posted this, I apologize. I could not bear to go through all the ridiculous posts on this thread to find out. Check out "From the Bridge" on this site. It is also in your email today. The final answer is that they got word this week that in the latest draft of regulations that the word jeans has been dropped from the prohibited list for smart casual nights, AND THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD WAS MEANT TO ADDRESS - SMART CASUAL NIGHTS.

And now maybe this thread can die a natural death.

Here you go folks as one of the posters let everyone know. Finally an answer on jeans. Jeans are allowed on smart casual nights on Princess as well as others.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=513

And I will just bet you we will still get the jeans threads over and over and over but they will pertain to the formal nites if we can wear them or not. Same thing over and over and over and over.

Marilyn

If someone else has already posted this, I apologize. I could not bear to go through all the ridiculous posts on this thread to find out. Check out "From the Bridge" on this site. It is also in your email today. The final answer is that they got word this week that in the latest draft of regulations that the word jeans has been dropped from the prohibited list for smart casual nights, AND THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD WAS MEANT TO ADDRESS - SMART CASUAL NIGHTS.

And now maybe this thread can die a natural death.

Why do you want it to die when we are having so much fun!!!

No debate or interpretation because my opinion has now been proven as FACT despite your constant assertions that your opinions are fact whilst mine are just opinions. The published information speaks for itself ... the definitions simply clarify for the hard of reading.
Where do you get the proven facts? From a Cruise Critic editorial?? Because my sources agree with yours, I'll give you the point. But our discussion - at least mine - had nothing to do with new guidelines - it had to do with your breaking the olds ones.
You are right ... your interpretation has not been updated just proven WRONG upside down and backwards.
I thought we were very clearly discussing the previous set of guidelines where you broke the rules - not the new ones. Perhaps this is why you can't understand my point - you're in the wrong time zone.
I indicated that judging someone you didn't know based on their clothing was 'truly sad'. Never once said you were truly sad ... but me thinks you does protest too much. Are you sad?
The wording of your statement didn't lead me to believe you were not making a comment about me. If that's true, then I apologize but would suggest that you word your posts a little better.
Yes you are correct I was already wearing jeans before, because every copy of the Patters I have ever seen as well as the sign outside the dining room has said exactly what this one does. The difference between then and now is that YOU can no longer argue that it isn't true.
Right - I can no longer argue that jeans are not allowable - I can argue they're not appropriate but that's a different argument. But I'm sure you feel better now that you "won." By all means, bask in your glory.
Thank you very much for your well wishes regarding my cruise ...you enjoy yours too. Remember to check under the table before you engage in conversation with someone. You wouldn't want to accept them before you knew if denim was on their legs.
You see the nasty remarks don't at all help your contention that those who ignore guidelines are the same as everyone else.

And I will just bet you we will still get the jeans threads over and over and over but they will pertain to the formal nites if we can wear them or not. Same thing over and over and over and over.

Marilyn

Don't forget the discussions about what are allowable "nice" jeans and what are not.

bdjam, you are a gem. I think it is absolutely priceless that you are seemingly the only person to turn a profit out of poor dress standards.

Pity that you banked on the "folow the rules" line of argument. Please don't be put off by Princess' caving in on the topic - keep the fight going. It is of immense amusement value. Also, if you stir up the less formal cruisers they may start wearing shorts in the dining room, then you could be offended by the falling dress standards again and be in line for another refund. Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestions - I'm not sure what you've added to this discussion, but whatever.

Archived