What is Princess like on Christmas?

tripman

We are considering going on a cruise in which Christmas will be the 3rd or 4th day of the cruise.

We don't celebrate Christmas, so I'm curious to know if the ship is completely inundated with it. Would we be extremely uncomfortable? We've been on 2 cruises during the 4th of July, and the only thing ever done is a special menu during dinner on only that night. Is it more on Christmas?

Thanks

We have been on a ship for the last four years at christmas and this one coming up, two were with princess one disney one ncl. This year we are doing ncl again.

Disney made the biggest thing out of christmas,compete with Ms. Claus reading christmas stories etc.There were trees everywhere, very much into the christmas theme, characters dressed up etc.

Princess was more low key but still very decorated up, some caroling etc. on NCL you would not have even known it was christmas day, in fact we forgot it was until I checked my email and got a "merry christmas" one. I think if you want it to be really low key you would be best off with ncl, I can email you some photos of what the three ships looked like decorations wise vs each other.

We sailed on the Sea Princess right up until a couple of days before Christmas last year. The only way we knew there was a holiday coming up was the decorations. Of coarse, we were not on the ship ON Christmas, just right before it.

The main thing we saw boarding as we were disembarking the ships was tons and tons of kids coming onboard. I think taking a Christmas cruise, this will be the main difference you might see, along with a visit from Santa on Christmas morning, and a special Christmas dinner menu.

We sailed over Christmas and there was tons of Christmas activities.

Santa came on Christmas day, there was Christmas carolling, Christmas movies, Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas day meal, tons of Christmas decorations, crew wearing santa hats, large display in the atrium.

It will be difficult to escape Christmas on a ship IMO.

We will be onboard the Sapphire Princess cruising between Bangkok and Sydney, in port at Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) on Christmas day.

Does the itinerary of the ship effect the celebrations for different holidays? I hope we can we expect as many Christmas activities as Coral experienced.

We'll be at sea New Year's Eve and in Darwin, AU for New Year's Day - expecting to have lots of fun with all the Aussies.

Two years ago, we were on the holiday sailing of the Island Princess (Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years). The ship was very decorated, lots of Christmas music (even all of the audio channels on the cabin TV were devoted to holiday music...would had been nice if one wasn't), the CD made an announcement on 12/25 in the afternoon that the bridge was "tracking" a strange object in the sky (at the same time, the kids were having their Xmas party in the Wheelhouse Bar).

There were a reverand and a priest conducting services, as well as a rabbi leading the lighting the menorah ceremonies. On 12/24 and 12/31, there were special menus and they were formal nights.

We will be onboard the Sapphire Princess cruising between Bangkok and Sydney, in port at Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) on Christmas day.

Does the itinerary of the ship effect the celebrations for different holidays? I hope we can we expect as many Christmas activities as Coral experienced.

We'll be at sea New Year's Eve and in Darwin, AU for New Year's Day - expecting to have lots of fun with all the Aussies.

we'll be on Saphhire with you, looking forward to Christmas on Princess, very much enjoyed it on P&O's Acadia, when we had three sea days so were feeleign very chilled out. Think Vietnam will be fun though :)

Archived