Bar Harbor Car Rental???

Hoosier Gal

We have a car rented in Bar Harbor for an early Sept. NE/Canadian cruise. The rental location is at the airport. Has anyone rented a car in Bar Harbor? Did the rental company provide transportation from the dock to the airport? How long did it take to get to the airport? I am sorry for so many questions. I am second guessing if we should really rent a car in Bar Harbor. It sounds like everyone likes Ollie's Trolley and the "free" bus.

We like to do things on our own at our own pace, but don't want to spend the day renting and returning a vehicle either.

Your thoughts please!!! :rolleyes:

…. been trying to google the Ollie's Trolley and can't seem to find it…

Check your spelling: Oli

http://www.acadiaislandtours.com/

We have a car rented in Bar Harbor for….

The car rental agency is located in Trenton, ME. It takes 22-25 minutes to get there; distancewise, about 13 miles.

I remember reading on this board that a couple arranged for the agency to leave the car at the town dock with the keys in it; and when the couple was done with it they left it at the town dock with the keys in it. Don’t remember how the paper work was handled.

You’ll have to coordinate with the agency to do something like that, otherwise you will spent an hour picking it up and an hour dropping it off; and that doesn’t include doing the paper work time. It is an Enterprise Car Rental; don’t they run ads about pick ups/drop offs?

My vote is for Oli’s Trolleys.

SBtS

Early September (after labor day) should not have as much traffic trying to get off island, but with roads only two lane and slow speeds most ways, I find the drive from the island to the airport to be quite a pain in the neck. Personally I think that you would have just as good a time going with Ollie's trolleys for the short time you will be in my area of the world.

Enjoy your cruise .... The leaves already have a slight tinge at the tops and it was 47 this morning ... winter is just around the corner for us. Jan

Archived