A few Explorer questions...

This is my second time posting a question so go easy on me if these questions have already been answered. I will be on the Explorer in 3 weeks and this will be my first time.

1. My luggage tags are grey and going over some old cruise compasses I don't see grey used as a color for departure. Could this be a new color and if it is what order will I be in to leave the ship?

2. Do they serve lobster only on formal night or any night?

3. In Bermuda which beach is better Snorkel beach or horseshoe bay?

Does anyone have any new Bermuda/EOS 5 day cruise compasses or dinner menu's posted ?

Thank you very much

Stefanie

This is my second time posting a question so go easy on me if these questions have already been answered. I will be on the Explorer in 3 weeks and this will be my first time.

1. My luggage tags are grey and going over some old cruise compasses I don't see grey used as a color for departure. Could this be a new color and if it is what order will I be in to leave the ship?

2. Do they serve lobster only on formal night or any night?

3. In Bermuda which beach is better Snorkel beach or horseshoe bay?

Does anyone have any new Bermuda/EOS 5 day cruise compasses or dinner menu's posted ?

The luggage tags you have going to the ship are not the tags you use getting off at the end of the trip. Tags are distributed at the end of the cruise by your stateroom attendant and that is when the different colors come into play.

I think (too lazy to find Compasses) that on lobster night they serve a seafood platter which has tails and other fish (shrimp?). I don't keep menus.

Thank you very much

Stefanie

See above

Your luggage tags are not your departure color.

We had lobster on the second to the last night.

Horseshoe bay is beautiful and great for swimming, but I'm not sure about snorkeling. People said the snorkeling was good at Snorkel Park, but it was very rocky under the water.

Just got off Explorer one week ago. The tags are not the debarkment tags. They give them in your cabin . Although you can go to the service desk and request early disembarkment if you have a scheduled flight or people picking you up at a certain time. I was down there and heard reasons like " I have a business and need to get back by 12noon", I have a flight midday, or I am getting picked up by 915am. They ask that you get out of your cabin by 8am . We than went to breakfast . You wait in the Studio 5 (ice rink) or Palace theater. They call your color. It is extremely organized and the compass will list the colors. We were the second color called and we were off by 9am. We had the lobster tail with grilled shrimp on the Wednesday of the trip. We were pulling in on friday morning. You can ask for more servings of any food if needed. They are wonderful on in the dining room.

Horshoe beach is one you will have to arrange transportation to. Snorkel park is a walk from the ship and you can rent snorkel supplies. My husband and the kids (teenagers) snokeled while I watched from the beach. Remember to bring your underwater cameras. They loved it and yes there was a coral reef around the area. If you have any questions , let me know and I will be happy to help you. I would also remember a power strip to plug everything in. The advice from the critic board was very helpful.

My husband, son and his girlfriend signed up for the begining scuba drive. My mom, myself and daughter signed up for the million dollar sight seeing boat trip of the stars homes. Both were on the first day in port. All excurisons were canceled because of the pending storm at see. The seas were rough and it was windy. We were all disapointed.

So this is what we did:

The first day in Bermuda we walked King's Wharf and did the shops at the clock mall , speciality shops along the way ( rum cake factory, glass blowing, pottery). We visited the art shop etc for the morning. We than bought two tokens each for the fast boat over to Hamiliton for the afternoon and did shopping there. YOu have a choice of the slower ferry over , right at the ship's area, or walk around the walkway to the faster ferry over. It saves 20 minutes each way and is the same price. The price round trip is 8.00 per person.

The next day we bought the tokens to go over by fast boat to St. George and we walked the cobble streets, went to an antique store, artist shop etc. This was very nice. When we returned at 1pm after lunch at the white horse tavern my husband and son/girlfriend went snorkeling at Snorkel park till 4pm.. The ship leaves at 430 and it is right there. We bought the snorkel gear in hamiliton for 15.00 each. They got to bring it home for the pool. I sat under the covered picnic area and watched them snorkel. They had their water cameras and had a great time. You don't have much time but because everything was canceled for excusions we made the best of it.

We did not pay the 3 day 21.00 unlimited transportation pass because we were there only two days and saved money by only spending 16.00 each. The booth to buy passes or tokens is right outside the ship or by the faster ferry by the gazebo around the corner. Feel free to ask me anything you may want to know. Hope you have better weather! Bring rain ponchos :)

Archived