concierge question

We are traveling in a Grand Suite and are Diamond members if we go to grab a glass of wine before dinner in the conceirge lounge, may our frineds join us? What sort of proof do you need to bring with you to gain access??

The concierge lounge is there for those who are either in suites or are Diamond or above - either category has earned those perks, either by virtue of how many cruises or by what accomodation they have paid for. Unless your friends are in either of those categories they do not qualify for admission and you may end up being embarrassed if you try it and they are refused admission. Not a good move IMO

We are traveling in a Grand Suite and are Diamond members if we go to grab a glass of wine before dinner in the conceirge lounge, may our frineds join us? What sort of proof do you need to bring with you to gain access??

If your friends are sharing the GS with you, then by all means the CAN JOIN YOU.

But you can't invite your own guests. Hope you can see that with up to 5000 people on board (Liberty or Freedom) and the CL holds about 25.........:p

If your friends are sharing the GS with you, then by all means the CAN JOIN YOU.

But you can't invite your own guests. Hope you can see that with up to 5000 people on board (Liberty or Freedom) and the CL holds about 25.........:p

ONLY if they live at your same address!!

I think Vicariously Cruising meant was if all 4 people were staying

in the GS then they would all be elgible.

But yes, it's amazing how quickly they know who belongs in

there and who doesn't. Jullian came by our room and introduced

himself to us. I'll be you they have access to the Sea Pass

photos. Either that or they have a photographic memory.:)

Sorry Lauderdalegal, but Any Person staying in a Grand Suite could be living in VAN down by the RIVER, and they would still get to use the Concierge Lounge.

Why do you think they have to have the same address????

I reckon they are not shacking up together :rolleyes: :eek: The OP is staying in a GS, their friends are not :cool:

###

I think Vicariously Cruising meant was if all 4 people were staying

in the GS then they would all be elgible.

But yes, it's amazing how quickly they know who belongs in

there and who doesn't. Jullian came by our room and introduced

himself to us. I'll be you they have access to the Sea Pass

photos. Either that or they have a photographic memory.:)

Yes they do have access to your sea pass photo.

We found the concierge to be so much more relaxed our last trip. With 2 separate lounge areas the original concierge lounge (for suite guests only) was so much less crowded than on previous trips with everyone using the same lounge. We were allowed to return to our cabin (with a glass of wine) in the evenings before dinner to sit on the balcony. Before (on previous cruises) they were really strict about taking drinks out but I think that was mostly for "control" The lounge was so out of control before. (certainly to the extent of not being very enjoyable) The lounge would be "standing room only" during cocktail hour. We actually did bring a friend into the lounge with us one time for a drink and it was fine. I think it is about abuse and being reasonable.

Sorry Lauderdalegal, but Any Person staying in a Grand Suite could be living in VAN down by the RIVER, and they would still get to use the Concierge Lounge.

Why do you think they have to have the same address????

Wasn't responding to the Grand Suite part!;) If a Grand Suite family have friends in a Junior Suite they can't enjoy. Or if a Diamond in a Junior Suite or below is rooming with a friend not living in the same household they can't enjoy.

We actually did bring a friend into the lounge with us one time for a drink and it was fine. I think it is about abuse and being reasonable.

I disagree.

What is "reasonable" to one person may not be "reasonable" to another.

If it would be o.k. to bring one guest, wouldn't it be "reasonable" to allow the guest to bring their spouse as well? And on and on it could go.

We gave our loyalty and dollars to RCCL to attain Diamond status (which we just did). We are looking forward to enjoying the lounge benefits.

Sorry, but the rules are the rules and it would be unfair to allow "guests" in, even in "reasonable" numbers. JMHO

I was just asking. I have cruised many times on RCl but never on a ship that had a concierge lounge and I was just wondering. I don't want to break any secret membership codes or anything. My wife enjoys a glass of wine before Dinner and I don't drink. My Aunt and Uncle are cruising with us in a Jr Suite and my Uncle also enjoys a glass of wine and my Aunt does not drink. We were just talking about the four of us going to the lounge so that they could get a glass of wine then we would head back to our Grand Suite and enjoy out on the Balcony before dinner. It is not like I was going to bring an empty liter of water botle and fill it up with vodka an smuggle it out to sell on deck to the smokers that were saving all the lounge chairs by the pool or anything like that, I just was wondering.....

Relax I work hard for my money and will enjoy the lounge and I understand rules are rules but I didn't KNOW the rules that is why I asked. For some of you thank you very much for the explanations for the rest of you that got all fussy with me slow down relax and enjoy yourself you will be on a fantastic vacation if you let it just happen :)

Relax I work hard for my money and will enjoy the lounge and I understand rules are rules but I didn't KNOW the rules that is why I asked. For some of you thank you very much for the explanations for the rest of you that got all fussy with me slow down relax and enjoy yourself you will be on a fantastic vacation if you let it just happen :)

Joelnlisa, I apologize if you thought my comments were directed toward you. They were not. You asked an honest question. No problem.

My comments were directed toward the post that made the comment that they believed it would be "reasonable" to bring a guest (and actually had done so).

Have a great cruise:)

It is not like I was going to bring an empty liter of water botle and fill it up with vodka an smuggle it out to sell on deck to the smokers that were saving all the lounge chairs by the pool or anything like that, I just was wondering.....

Too funny !!! :D

I was just asking......

Don't you know by now that when you ask a question here its like lighting a stick of dynamite. :p :p

I love these boards. People really get into their beliefs and in shows in their answers and opinions.

I have really been racked over the coals over some of my questions and even some answers. I just love this place!

OP,

I think some of the people were trying to answer your question. Guests are now allowed. Now I said that, others have made comments about having guests come in. I can understand how "we" feel about guests as we have had to go to an alternate area because the lounge was too crowded. The alternate was not nice (Mariner's Cloud Nine). (no ambiance) So having additional people in there does make a difference.

I feel that your comment about taking a bottle of vodka etc. was quite nasty. I know you were trying to defend yourself, but it seems more times than not when people get an answer to a question that they don't want to hear, off come the gloves.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. Perhaps on your cruise, the Concierge will be one who allows you to go in and get drinks to go, so your family will be happy. We have had both types of Concierges.

Archived