Pride Culinary & fine Wines Oct. 19th-31st

Martita B.

Jane,

Lunch was fantastic! We sat outside ~~good wines and marvelous food~~Then made a stop at a huge costume store for MORE crew Halloween costumes~~~I loved Philidelphia ~~~Yes, one day of sunshine. Also in Baltimore Missy A came in her funeral home limo and picked up a few of us for lunch in her home......we stopped by her funeral home and by mistake, "I saw a dead man!!!" :confused: :confused: They all howled with laughter and the story was spread a'round the Pride ship ~~~I finally told them, "why don't yall just get on the Captain's mike and tell everybody aboard"~~~just one on those hilarious happenings.:rolleyes: (Yes, I was speechless with I saw THAT man:eek: )

Matt,

Debbie's "memorial-celebration of life" was especially sweet and

fitting. I had planned to have it under the funnels, but it was pouring down rain so 16 of us gathered around the Sky Bar. (everyone else was in the Constellation having teatime.) I gave white flowers to each, David E. read a moving poem ~~~then we followed with the Captain/Lieut. drinks! We paused, reflected and remembered a great lady. I received e-mails from both Deborah's sisters thanking all of us for remembering Debbie. Her parents were with friends in Mexico. I know they are still in grief. Bless their hearts.

Thank you Matt for posting as to Debbie's death date ~~Oct. 24th.

Martita B.

Jane,

Miss A. was giving us a 'lit tour of her lovely funeral home. She led us to a door and said, "this is one of our visitation rooms", opened the door and I stepped in.......welllll, there HE was!!!:confused: Stretched out flat, wearing a nice dark suit ON a gurney ~~~! Dead as a doornail!!!:confused: I guess my mouth flew wide open and my eyes probably looked like 2 fried eggs......I said loudly, "that is a DEAD MAN!":eek: Miss A. said, "well, of course he's dead......he's just waiting on his casket!"

The rest of the group, couldn't stop laughing ~~~in fact, they laughed all day about my shock! I certainly was not expecting such a

Seabourn Special Excursion that day:rolleyes: ~~~~ha ha ha And I'll never "live" it down!

This would only happen to poor Pinkie:p

I'm glad to see you posting again Martha. Too bad the weather was not very good. Lots of rain don't make you very happy. But as usual you had lots of other things to do, more inside than outside. You had a ceremony for Mrs. Natansohn, which was very thoughtful of you. Too many people die it seems. I remember you had quite a few ceremonies on your last cruises. It is always better to celebrate life and the living. Of course to remember somebody who passed away is also important.

That's why all the laughter about the man in the funeral home, doesn't seem to fit in all of this. But that of course is my opinion. He probably also was a husband, father or brother to somebody, or a good friend.

Or do you think I see this wrongly?

Marja

Marja,

The simple, but sweet ceremony remembering Debbie was to celebrate her life and of her being the great lady she was. We all miss her, but now we are looking ahead and not behind. We have so much to look forward to ~~ our new ships, etc., etc.

The group at Miss A.'s funeral home was laughing at ME ~~not the gentleman. Miss A., being in this business for years and years is accustomed to "these thing", which I am not. I was totally surprised and shocked and the group thought my reaction was funny, especially since I was speechless. (the gentleman had a loving family which came everyday. They had made loving, special interment plans for him)

Laughing is good for our souls ~~~and yes, we all need to "live for the day" ~~~I try to remind myself of this daily.

I hope you are feeling ever-so-much better and I know your Legend Christmas cruise will be full of cheer, glad tidings and merrymaking.

Many wonderful Sailor's will be aboard!

Martita B.

Archived