Pride Culinary & fine Wines Oct. 19th-31st

Martita B.

Johnny (thought you needed a color!;) )

My friend e-mailed me and suggested we luncheon there ~~he wrote he had eaten at Brasserie Perrier last year and enjoyed it.

Any place would be fine and dandy with me! In West Texas a picnic under the 'ole oak trees suit me!:confused:

Hug's

Pinkie

Jane,

I hope you've arrived home safely.

We've rethought "Frog at The Yard" and have decided to go for luncheon at Brasserie Perrier on Walnut St. ~~~I hope we've made a good choice of restaurants.

MB

Yes, as has been said, it's a good choice. There are oodles of good restaurants and you have the 'nose' for them, like a good wine. I am sending some more specific information to Kirsten about Philly and restaurants and some other things going on in case cruisers have seen the bell-it's still cracked.

I did get home safely today. My friend picked me up in Gloucester and we went to Maine for the weekend and I flew home from Manchester, NH. Now I have to get my luggage (should arrive tomorrow) and wash clothes and re-pack!

Jane

Jane,

I'm not familiar with the Philidelphia Cruise terminal. Will it be fairly doable to drive to the restaurant without hassle?

I'm flying with my two pieces of luggage this time as I thought it would be easy ~~West Texas to Boston. Hope I'm not sorry as the Valet Service surely spoils us ~~I will definitely use it next Jan. to Costa Rica.

Oh, Captain Toenis T. disembarked the Spirit last Sat. ~~turned the "wheel" over to Captain Geir-Arne. I know GA is happy to be cruisin' soon to Asia as his new wife is from Thailand. You'll enjoy seeing him again ~~~be sure to look at his painted "rat guards" on the lines. Sooo cute and colorful! I've always thought it would be fun to have a "rat guard" paintin' contest for the Guests.:confused:

Glad you're home safely

MB

Actually, Martha, I am not sure about it either. It's about 8-9 miles away. I plan on investigating it but I assume there will be taxis available. However, I do think that Seabourn will run a shuttle bus to the Independence Mall, and you can get a cab from there.

Philly cabs will take credit cards, but they prefer cash for some valid reasons. Here's the number for 'my' cab company, 'Old City' and you can call them from the port. (215-708-TAXI) or (215-338-0838). You can easily get a cab from the restaurant. Stay tuned, I will try and get you m ore information.

Listen, the Phillies won the NLEast Pennant, anything is 'doable' in this city!

Apparently my 20 minutes are up, so here's more information.

I called the cab company and of course, they will come, 24 hours a day. They are very reliable. I think it's easiest to just get a cab to the resaurant. It's a straight shot down Broad Street, about 50+ blocks. I figure it's about a $20.00 cab ride, depending on the traffic. The cab company said it was about $10.00 but I don't believe that; I can barely go around the block for that amount. No problem getting a cab outside the restaurant. They are chock-a-block on Walnut Street.

There probably will be cabs at the terminal and really, any of them will be OK.

Jane,

Thanks for all the good Taxi information ~~we'll use your "Old City" cab company.

(I would really prefer a world famous Philly Steak sandwich ~~but must be gracious and accept the kind luncheon invitation to dine elsewhere)

Thanks again!:p

MB

Martha, no need for thanks, it's my pleasure. Especially after all your guidance. With all our bouncy times, the Room Service staff did appreciate the doorstop, since they were balancing the trays with some caution.

I have been home 2 days and haven't had a cheesesteak yet. I did refer the crew to Jim's Steaks at 4th and South, an area with funky shops and walkable from the shuttle bus drop-off. You could have the cab stop and get one to bring back a few for cocktail hour in the club, if you want<G>

As I said, if there are lines of taxis there, you can take any one and it's fine. I did tell Old City my friends might be calling <G>. And, I map-quested the distance and it's only about 5 miles. If you drive up Broad Street, you might see our City Hall straddling the interesection at the center of the city. If we are lucky, the statue of William Penn on top will be sporting a red and white Phillies 'championship' hat!

Jane,

Awww yes, those doorstops! I know the closet in Suite 232 needs one! I can not count the number of times I was caught in "Carlsbad Caverns" in that closet! We should someday take a sack full of brown rubber doorstops and sell them up in the Sky Bar ~~~then donate the proceeds to the Crew Fund~~~I've often thought of requesting The Boutique to sell them!:confused:

I will certainly salute William Penn when we pass him~~~;)

Thanks again for all the great information.

MB

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Matt !

I'm leaving tomorrow (takes awhile to get out of West Texas) and hopefully my 3 pieces of luggage will land in Boston when I DO:eek: ~

This voyage, it seemed easier to fly with "all my assorted stuff."

I've not "googled" a Gloucester webcam, but if there is one of the Harbor you might enjoy viewing the Pride Castle on Oct. 19th! (I'll be out on the Pier at 7:45 am waving the Seabourn flag to welcome the beautiful Lady and her Guests to Gloucester)

Am anxious to see my Seabourn Pride family ~~and of course, some

of the 'ole regulars that will be aboard.

As you know I don't "darken the door" to the business center, but if I find someone on board that will post a 'lit message here, I shall

write a brief "tabloid paragraph or two:eek: :confused: :D !!

'Lest we forget, "later doesn't come for everybody"......sooo

make your sailing plans and book today!:)

Martita B.

Pinkie

Today the Pride was in MY hometown. The weather iss beautiful and I was able to have lunch with Kersten and Marla. I met them at the restaurant that Martitia had first identified. It was wonderful, in a building converted from ship building to an amazing space with several stories-high atrium. And it's very close to the pier.

Marla and Kersten had Philly cheesesteaks and we could almost see the Pride from the dining room. Not much news. I did hear that Marcel was going back to be a Maitre'd for a while. In January, David E, Jan and Marla head for the Spirit and Kersten will join them as well. Apparently, Jo has been very busy with inquiries and bookings for the Odyssey.

Jane,Glad you are feeling better. Will Jan, David E and Marla be on the Pride in December?johnny

Thanks. Actually, I feel fine, my disease is slow progressing and with no symptoms. I am planning more cruises.

Actually, all 3 leave the Pride in early November and will return in January to the Spirit.

Eight bells and all’s well on the Pride. I received word from the Pride that, with the hurricane looming over Bermuda, she did not sail from Port Canaveral and all passengers will disembark in Port Canaveral on Halloween. Seabourn has been busy arranging alternate flights for the passengers. Also the next cruise is a charter and those passengers will require assistance to get to Port Canaveral (from Nassau or elsewhere) to embark the Pride.

A pink seagull told me that the onboard experience for this food and wine cruise was top-notch in all respects! The staff always excels, the lecturers and entertainment was great, the Captain was out and about and visible during the cruise and, as always, a great mix of passengers. Even Miss Pinkie found a couple onboard that were also booked on the Pride March crossing! They are now allocating luggage space for their plaid glad rags!

The itinerary change was a precaution to insure the safety and comfort of the passengers and crew.

Another pink seagull arrived with more news from the Pride. With tropical storm (now hurricane) Noel hovering over The Bahamas, Seabourn had to make expedited arrangements with the US government to embark all passengers in Port Canaveral and the passengers for the follow-on charter will most likely make their way to Port Canaveral from Nassau as it is not clear if the Pride sailed to Nassau.

Miss Pinkie is alive and will survive and is currently in St. Pertersburg visiting with friends and regaling them with shipboard snippets from her special Seabourn experience! She will return tomorrow afternoon to West Texas. Soon, I am sure, she will be posting her report on these very same pages!

Pinkie is home in West Texas...very alive and very well, surviving 'ole Noel, who was in charge of our fun voyage! Of course, Capt. Anderssen made a good/wise choice as to just "staying put" in Port C. and not continuing on right into the path of the hurricane. I think the Pride left Port. C. at 2 p.m. on Oct. 31st. I hope the sea was not TOO rough for the Staff and crew. The Charter guests (horse-racers/ fans from Britian--130 guests) boarded in Nassau.

It was a fabulous voyage~~~rain, rain and more rain! But we WE ALL had a blast~~food/wines exceptional! Cheffy Markus, still THE BEST! (Markus will be aboard March 17th) Lulu is hands on and is doing a great HotMan job.Felipe is still the same.....charming and fun.

Pride looks beautiful~~I loved the Sky Bar, but because of the weather we only had 1 Sky Grill dinner and the Deck BBQ was rained out ~~~

Please forgive any mispelled words....just arrived this afternoon and still very tired, still have sea legs and luggage still in Jeep! (I may fetch the bags tomorrow ~certainly will not be dining formally tonight~~pajamas and a sandwich is the order of the night) My friends in St. Petersburg, Fl. spoiled me for 2 days....fabulous food/wines and fellowship! Both are booked on our Pride March Crossing ~~~Yipppeee

Hope all of you have a grrrreat weekend!

More news later~~

Huggggzz's to my Seabourn family

Miss Martita, Pinkie

post script: I talked to Peachy this afternoon.

He flies tomorrow to board the Legend and the

TA Crossing. Bon voyage, Legend-ites~~ have a

safe Crossing.

>"It was a fabulous voyage~~~rain, rain and more rain!"

Hi Martita,

I do know that it was a beautiful day when the Pride was docked in Philly. How was your luncheon at Brasserie Perrier? I hope all went well. Where did you dine in Charleston? Do tell.

Since I had to cancel my Spirit cruise at the last minute I was home and able to take Marla and Kersten to lunch, for Philly cheesesteaks (their idea). We went to the Frog at the Dockyard that you had already scoped out, and it was perfect for that, but would not have worked for your special event. Kersten wanted to stay close to the ship and Marla had her show that evening. We had a nice visit, and the space, a converted ship-building facility has been very creatively renovated. I don't think I would have remembered it if you hadn't mentioned it.Thank you! I just couldn't figure out a way to sneak on board, if only for a few days. That expression, 'So near and yet so far' came to mind.

The renovations on the Pride are great, and so nice to know that they will be done on the others as well. Did you like the Verandah deck as well?

Hope your sea legs are waning and I figure you are already busy getting ready for Thanksgiving as well as your Crossing.

Archived