Pride Culinary & fine Wines Oct. 19th-31st

Martita B.

Anyone joining us? We embark in Gloucester, Mass. (remember "The Perfect Storm?") then "hug" the Eastern Coast down to Florida~~

and run over to Nassau~~disembark Halloween. (a call on Bermuda was cancelled this year)

I know of about 8 Seabournite's that will be aboard, but haven't seen a roll-call on our CC board. On the afternoon of Oct. 24th, a few of us shall stop for a moment of rememberance of our dear Deborah~~afterwards, we'll partake in drinks of the old salty Nowegian Sailor's ~~"The Captain-Lieutenant" : 50% Cognac, 50% Cointreau.

Captain Erik Anderssen will relieve Captain Dexter~~Lulu will be the Hot Man and Eric DeGray, Cruise Director. Also Guest Chef's

and wine cellar Master's will be aboard.

Hope to see you in Oct.

Have a super week~:p

Martita B.

Martha--We have always like the looks of this cruise, but the possibility of weather has kept us away! I'm sure it will be fine on your trip--maybe next year--we have close friends on Nassau--it would be a big party when we arrive. Sorry to hear they are bypassing Bermuda--been there many times on business, and love it! We are also ready for a Riviera cruise--it has been a couple years since our last one--have to get back to Portofino for my pizza and carafe of home made wine! Don

Don,

I too adore Bermuda but I well understand the reason for cancelling the call to St. George~~too many perfect storms are brewing in the Atlantic for the 'lit Pride yacht.

I'll be staying at a B&B the night of Oct. 18th~~a couple of blocks from the cruise dock so I plan on being on the pier at 7:45 a.m. sharp, waving my Seabourn flag to "welcome the Pride to Gloucester!" I'm sure some aboard will say, "who is that idiot on the pier waving that flag???" :confused: It'll be fun to be ashore and watching the Pride dock~~~usually it's the other way around.

Martita

• 4 weeks later...

I understand this Oct. Pride cruise is a sell-out. I'm looking forward to calling on the Eastern ports~~and visiting a few of the Southern ones, as well~~~Charleston, Savannah and 2 in Florida.

Any suggestions as to a restaurant in Philidelphia for lunch? I have an old friend meeting me at the Pride and we would like to luncheon not too far from the Cruise Dock. (he'll be driving) Thanks for ideas.

I learned recently Jan S., David E. and Marla will be CD's aboard.

Happy Sailing's!

Martita

Martita - I am sooo jealous of your Culinary and Fine Wines cruise!! The ports of call look amazing. Savannah is on my list of places to visit. I nearly considered coming with you! Where are you stopping in Florida? Are you spending any extra time in Nassau post-cruise?

Matt,

I'm looking forward to our call in Savannah as there will be a "Special Seabourn Experience"~~horse drawn carriages will be picking us up at the Pride......we'll trot downtown to an old Southern estate for white lace, mint juleps, finger sandwiches, etc. and a high garden teatime! (guess I won't be able to take my Scarlett hooped-skirt, "Southern magnolia" attire ~~would have to pack another piece of luggage:confused: )

We'll call on Port Canaveral on Oct. 29th~~wish you could drive up for the day~~~

I won't be spending time in Nassau......have been several times, so I'll simply fly straight back to West Texas.

We shall miss you! Especially having fun and "phooey" with Mr. Nelson at the Sky Bar~~~

MB

AuntieAnne,

You'll enjoy Eric DeGray on the Pride in Jan.-08~~he'll also be aboard for the Pride's Dec./Christmas cruise.

Last year I took Eric a Carmen Miranda hat ~~I had ordered it and then emblished it even more adding fruits, grapes, etc.~~even added a long red plume ~~unbeknownst to me.....he already had a C.M. costume! I've not seen him perform his "special C.M." number ~~maybe you'll see it in Jan.!

Happy Sailing,

Martita B.

Cruisr,

It seems like Debbie passed away just a few months ago ~~ our 1 year memorial/celebration on Oct. 24th will be a small group aboard the Pride. Debbie's Executive Secretary and her hubby will be with us and I know this remembrance will be ever so meaningful to her.

The "Captain-Lieutenant" drink was served by Captain Toenis T. at a small memorial we hosted aboard the Pride last year. I thought it fitting we toast to Debbie with this old Norwegian salty-sailor cocktail, even if it does taste like paint thinner!:eek:

Are you planning to go to the big Gala in Ft. Laud in Nov.? I received the invitation and would love to attend. I think the DLN Foundation Scholarship is a wonderful idea of "keeping the promise!"

I'm excited about this Eastern Seaboard voyage ~~I enjoyed the Newfoundland down to Gloucester cruise, but have not been to some of the Ports offered on this particular sailing.

As Mother would always remind me, "Later doesn't come for everybody" ~~~so let's all enjoy every day to the fullest!

Martita B.

Martha--I'm visiting relatives and seeing Fall colors in Maine for a few days before the cruise so I'll see you on board. All the excursions sound great (and fattening!)

Winnie

When you are in Maine, if you like good food (which you must as you are going on Seabourn) you must go to dinner at Fore Street Restaurant. The seared fois gras is almost as good as Seabourn's.

I've been researching restaurants close to the Philadelphia Cruise Terminal and finally found an interesting one~~it's called "Frog In The Yard"~~~ it's location is in the Navy Yard and in an old warehouse.

Lunch menus, "unusual," to say the least ~~

Happy and safe weekend!

MB

Cruisr---In what town is Fore Street Restaurant? I'll be staying in Damariscotta, north of Wiscasset and Bath. We're driving to Gloucester on the 19th; perhaps it is on the way.

Winnie

and, yes, I DO love food, especially lobsters, mussels, clams and such. I grew up on the Eastern seaboard, which attracted me to this itinerary.

I've been researching restaurants close to the Philadelphia Cruise Terminal and finally found an interesting one~~it's called "Frog In The Yard"~~~ it's location is in the Navy Yard and in an old warehouse.

Lunch menus, "unusual," to say the least ~~

Happy and safe weekend!

MB

It`s Frog at the Yard and has its own website:)

Martha,

The 'Frog at the Yard' is a good choice and about one of the only ones close to the terminal.. The owner, Steve Poses, is considered one of the chief architects of the Philly reaturant boon that began in the 70's. He had several great restaurants, but has been catering only. I am sure you will enjoy it. I always send the crew to South Street if they want funky, off-beat shopping and cheesesteaks.

If I wasn't going to be on the Spirit, I would collect you all and bring you into town for some gaiety

Thanks Jane for the information ~~

I'm hoping Frog at the Yard will be a short walking distance from the ship. I'm going to invite Captain Anderssen to join my good friend (a Seabournite) and me for lunch. Captain Erik and Herman Diaz were very close friends and my friend was with Herman in Zurich when he died ~~I thought this would be an excellent time for the two to talk of Herman and their "good 'ole days."

I checked the menu and I believe it will be alright for a lunch.

Martita B.

Archived