How many pc of luggage can you take???

kiraryker

We only take one bag each and we have a folding carry on bag we put in because we tend to buy stuff in the ports and go crazy buying. So we start with two suitcases and come back with two suitcases and a carry on. One of the two suitcases is carry on size, one is only slightly larger.

I dont get people who bring tons of clothes and stuff...anything I forget can be replaced and we like to shop. For a week, I wear the same dress twice and the same dress shoes.

Thats one suitcase each for the two of us.

Most airlines allow 2 pcs each person at a 50 pound weight limit each bag.

1 carry one each person at 40 pound limit.

--

check your airlines web page.

if you need more then 2 bags each-- you are packing way too much.

(store your empty cases under the beds)

Just me & hubby cruising - how many can we check at the airport and how many can we carry on??

What is the amount you usually take?? Hate to overload but also would hate to be without.

For a 7 or 8 day DH and I take a 29" suitcase, a 25" suitcase and a garment bag. As others have already stated - check with your airline. They would have the restrictions that you would have to deal with.

i have carnival luggage that we take. expandable suitcases. i pack them zipped up, then as i get things, I put suvioners in the bags as I get them, and then just expand the suitcase. My Dh and i share a bag, and dd takes her own, and a swimsuit bag. then i have a carry on with important stuff, cameras, pills, and any other medical things that are required for me to use. and my laptop in a seperate bag. So 4 bags for 3 people and sometimes the garment bag. I don't take garment bag on short cruises, cause we don't do formal night on short cruises.

Hope this helps.

That is what I was trying to figure - packing an extra bag for stuff that we bring back so that would add to our return luggage.

We are flying Northwest

I was just reading what everyone brings and I just can't figure how that all fits into a suitcase also clothes?? I just must be horrible at packing. Then if you have an extra set of clothes in your carry on plus all the important must haves and then stop at the duty free shop before getting on the ship and putting that in your carry on????

We are doing the 7 day Destiny in January - so we will also have to pack formal wear.

We have a I family five (5) and usually take one bag per person and 3 garment bags for all our hanger clothes. I also pack a large duffle size bag for dirty laundry so that I do not have to mix clean and dirty (hence, avoid washing everything once home).

Just me & hubby cruising - how many can we check at the airport and how many can we carry on??

What is the amount you usually take?? Hate to overload but also would hate to be without.

When we went on our cruise last February and flew into Miami DS & myself checked two bags each (4 total) and carried on 2 bags each (4 total). They were all under the 50 lb limit.

That is what I was trying to figure - packing an extra bag for stuff that we bring back so that would add to our return luggage.

We are flying Northwest

I was just reading what everyone brings and I just can't figure how that all fits into a suitcase also clothes?? I just must be horrible at packing. Then if you have an extra set of clothes in your carry on plus all the important must haves and then stop at the duty free shop before getting on the ship and putting that in your carry on????

We are doing the 7 day Destiny in January - so we will also have to pack formal wear.

Why take an extra set of clothes in you carryon bag? You have the clothes on your back, and your suit under it. All you would need is undies, but by the time you get out of the pool, and decide to put clothes on again, your room should be open.

That one list was just way toooooooooooo long. Where is that person putting her clothes. You don't need to take shampoo, or body wash. Dove shampoo, and Lever 2000 body wash.

As for that many clothes, on the long cruises, they have washers and dryers on board. I take a port day when everyone is off the ship and do my laundry. That way, I don't have so much to do when I get home. Usually on Wednesday. I carry my own laundry soap, and dryer sheets, etc with me. 2$ a load, and can usually do all laundry in 2 loads as the washers are huge. and 2$ a load to dry. If you have young one's you can do the laundry while they nap one day. But that is MHO.

You guys are goin to think I am nuts, but the last time I cruised with my boyrfriend we took 7 bags total. it was out of the Port of Miami (where we live), so no airport issues.

I can honestly say that was my last time overpacking - i probably didnt wear half the clothes/shoes i took with me. Needless to say the customs agents didnt believe us that we didnt buy anything out of the country (as stated in our customs forms) - they asked how it was possibly to have SO MUCH LUGGAGE???!!!

Next cruise in less than a month out of San Juan, so we will definetly limit our bags to the airline allowance of 2 each + 1 carry on each. Hopefully i wont even need 2 for myself and I will be able to fit everything in one (plus a carry-on ;) )! We'll see!!

Most airlines allow 2 pcs each person at a 50 pound weight limit each bag.

1 carry one each person at 40 pound limit.

--

check your airlines web page.

if you need more then 2 bags each-- you are packing way too much.

(store your empty cases under the beds)

Well, we will be "overpacked". Since we'll travel more than two weeks and hate to do laundry while on vacation, we will each have our "big" suitcase. Since the first day in Florida is "shopping day" and because of all clothes in the US being so much cheaper than over here, we plan on each filling an extra bag that we bring with us. The past has shown us that this is not exaggerated.

And then we'll have our carry-on.

Yes, we'll have a lot, but not everyone is there "just" for the cruise :)

It really has nothing to do with Carnival, it has everything to do with the airlines. You can bring 2 check in and one carry one as long as it is the right size. Each airline may be different, so go to your airline site online and find out the regulations for them.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived