Future Cruise - Deposit Question

jacksan1

My wife and I will be on Golden Princess in a couple of weeks, and are planning to book several cabins onboard for our family cruise in 2008.

I know that, by booking with a future cruise consultant and having my wife assigned to one cabin and myself to another cabin, we can take advantage of the reduced deposit of $100 per person for those two (2) cabins. Here is our question to you all: For booking the third cabin and on (Cabin No. 3 and 4) with a future cruise consultant onboard, will we have to pay the full deposit, or can we still get away with a reduced one? Those other cabins will be for the exact same sailiing as the first two cabins. They are for our family members (who will NOT be with us on Golden).

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!

You can only book FCC for people actually on the ship--so not for your remaining family in cabins 3 and 4. BUT, you can ask for a "Share the Wealth" coupon that gives them the same benefits on board. They will still have to pay the deposit in effect at the time they book. Do you really need to book for them while on the ship? If so, the cruise consultant may or may not be helpful. Some of them are great and some should be named Cupcake.

I agree with the comments posted above...I tried booking family cabins for a Caribbean cruise while on our Med cruise last Fall, and was told by the on board cruise consultant that she could only book cabins for people on that sailing...ps-I wanted adjoining cabins and by the time I got home there was nothing available that met our satisfaction so we ended up on Royal Caribbean! Also agree with prior poster that some on-board consultants are better and more creative than others...and you should definitely know the prices for what you want or check on web sites while on board, as there are times when the prices Princess booking directly quotes are much higher than can be found elsewhere!

Thanks for the replies! :)

What you both have said is what I was suspecting to be the case. For our Cabins 3 and 4, we will just book with a TA with a reduced deposit special (there are a few even right now), and for Cabins 1 and 2 to be booked onboard, we will transfer them to a TA when we come ashore.

Thanks for your help all the same!!

Archived