Grand Cayman Beaches!

when we got off the boat we jumped on a bus right there for like 2.00 each rode it down abt 5-6 miles to seven mile beach(i think that was the name) to a little resort, it was like 15.00 per person for a chair a snorkel gear, great deal, stayed there all day and there were showers and restrooms, and a bar right there........try to look through pics at the name of it.............

Would recommend you 1st contact Nativeway. Make reservations for their Rays, Reef & Rum Point excursion. That way you get to play with the stingrays. You also get a pretty good lunch & a boat ride to a nice beach.

If all you want is a beach day, don't book an excursion! Just hop on a bus, they are right there at the tender dock, and go! all of the public beaches have facilities--restrooms, food, rentals, drinks, etc.... Seagrape is a nice beach, but you can stop at any along the route. The buses come back at regular intervals for the return trip. Just keep your eye on the traffic (the road is within visual distance of the beach) because traffic can get pretty backed up going BACK to the ship! You want to leave plenty of time for your return!

SeaGrape Beach - take a taxi: fantastic!

Boo

I agree! Sea Grape beach on 7 mile beach was perfect! The taxis (the little buses) will try to get you to get off BEFORE Sea Grape and they'll even tell you that it's all the same....lalalala....but that's just because they want to turn around and pick up more people instead of keep driving you further. Don't listen to the drivers! Sea Grape is way better and less crowded than the closer sections of 7 mile beach. There's a bar/restaurant, showers, restrooms, lockers, and you can rent all sorts of things. :D

Laura

Has anyone ever taken a ferry from Hyatt Regency on Seven Mile Beach to Rum Point Beach? I thought I had read somewhere that this is possible for about $15 and approximately 45 minute ride. Is it worth doing or should we just stay at Seven Mile beach? There are three ships in port the same day we will be there (Sept. 4th on Enchantment).

Has anyone ever taken a ferry from Hyatt Regency on Seven Mile Beach to Rum Point Beach? I thought I had read somewhere that this is possible for about $15 and approximately 45 minute ride. Is it worth doing or should we just stay at Seven Mile beach? There are three ships in port the same day we will be there (Sept. 4th on Enchantment).

I've heard it's a great little trip and we were planning to do that when we go a few weeks after you. Unfortunately, as of last week, the ferry still isn't running due to hurricane damage. We're planning to rent a car and drive to Rum Point. We've done everything else in Cayman and want a leisurely day. It's a good 45 minute drive as well, so a taxi will be expensive. Compact cars are running around $30 or you can get a jeep for $60. Many of the major car rental companies have offices in Georgetown.

It is definitely worth renting a car to go to Rum Point Beach. It is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. The food is excellent at their little restaurant. Be sure to look at all the signs around the beach. They are really neat. There are hammocks to lounge around in. Some of the most beautiful water, and it is soooo clear!

Also, the drive there is pretty neat. Just be careful, as they drive on the left side of the road (not the wrong side, lol)

I agree with the others who recommend Rum Point - we have friends who live on the island and whenever we are in port, we spend the day at Rum Point - great beach, good "rum" drinks, and food (it is actually run by the Hyatt).

On another note, if you want a very gracious lunch - go to the Grand Old House - lovely veranda - excellent food - a classic!

Archived