Serenade 9592....smaller?

Has anyone stayed in this cabin on the Serenade and do you know if it is smaller than the other D1 cabins? Someone mentioned to me that sometimes the hump cabins are a bit smaller. We had an E1 on the hump earlier this year and I did notice that our loveseat was smaller than in previous E cabins. Also visited someone in another E hump cabin and they only had a large armchair.....that's all that would fit in that spot.

But I am asking here specifically about 9592.....I have 9092 booked and I am thinking about giving it up because I'm worried about the long narrow balcony making the cabin dark. This is Alaska, not the Caribbean, so I need light!

Thanks!!!

• 2 years later...

Hi EmilyGrace...

I know your post is a few years old, but I was curious what you thought about cabin 9592 on the hump of the serenade of the seas. I just booked it for a sailing in November in the Caribbean....I could have reserved 9092 but we want to be on the other side as that is the side we will be approaching the islands. Please let me know. :-)

klsmd1811 :D

Serenade of the Seas 11/2010

Sapphire Princess 3/2010

Caribbean Princess 12/2009

NCL Ship-18 years old

Song of Norway-14years old

Funny thing about that booking.....about a month before the cruise (which was in May of 08) they upgraded us to a JS way at the back on the starboard side. They did not call and ask or call or notify our TA in any way. They just moved us. I was pretty upset because I really wanted that location, but DH said since this was a long cruise (14 nts.) we should go with the larger cabin. And I had always lusted after a JS but couldn't bring myself to pay for one.

Well, we ended up under the galley of the Windjammer and they get going about 4:30 in the morning and you cannot believe how much stuff they drop!!! Very noisy. I would go out on our balcony and look down at the balcony of 9092 and if someone was out there I was soooo tempted to ask them how they managed to snatch our cabin away from us!

Way more than you wanted to know, but this past year we had 9092 on the Radiance and LOVED it. Full size sofa and all! So I still can't help you with 9592, sorry.

All cabins of the same catagory are the same size...being on the hump doesn't add or detract from the size. The exception are balconies on Radiance class humps...some are LARGER than others, but none are smaller than average!

Last June to Alaska we stayed in 9078 and my sister in law in 9092 and the other sister in law was in 9578.. Our rooms were exactly the same.. our balcony and 9092 were larger.. longer and narrower. LOVED it! At the glacier, the captain rotates the ship so we saw everything.. we all ended up on our balcony that day and had room service lunch.. it was wonderful and we had plenty of room and a fantastic view.

Archived