Grand Princess-Emerald Deck

Gabrielle R.

Help Please! I am looking at a cabin with balcony on the emerald deck Rooms 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008. These rooms are located right where the up/down stairs are located above the Promenade and Emerald deck. I'm wondering if anyone has had these rooms, did you like them? And if anyone has a picture I could see- that would be great! Thank you for any help! Gabrielle

Cherly, was the picture of the Promenade deck? Or of the Emerald deck? Thanks for the pictures, Just needed a tiny bit more info.

Believe it or not, my Dh and I have been on 8 crusies, but never had a room with a balcony. So, I really don't know what the lay out is like. I guess I'm a newbie there! Thanks again! Gabrielle

So, If I understand Cheryl's picture right and your (Colorado) explaination, The balcony is covered and the walkers on the promenade can sort of see in if they look hard enough- correct?

Would anyone know if the picture was of an Ocean view DD category. The rooms I am looking at our next to the life boats/ubstructed view cabins. I think Cheryl's pictures that I looked at and the compared are the oceanview doubles..... I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your information! Gabrielle

Would anyone know if the picture was of an Ocean view DD category. The rooms I am looking at our next to the life boats/ubstructed view cabins. I think Cheryl's pictures that I looked at and the compared are the oceanview doubles..... I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your information! Gabrielle

The photos posted are either BE or BF category - oceanview DD cabins do not have a balcony - only a window.

Also, and I have no personal knowledge here, but I seem to remember reading on these boards a while back that the BE and BF balconies on the Grand Emerald deck are larger than regular balconies (except those on Caribe). Just the balcony (not the cabin) is larger. Again, I could be wrong, but for some reason I seem to remember this. Hopefully someone can confirm this one way or another.

My husband & I are morning walkers, and if your cabin is like the one pictured and you like to sit out on the balcony in the morning, you will definitely see the walkers go by, and they will see you. The walking promenade goes right by these cabins' balcony, although at a slightly lower level you can see in easily. And there are alot of people walking, is our experience!

Archived