Immigration Officials on QM2

mikelan6

I remember reading in the Daily Programme that passengers who were doing back to backs had to get off (at their leisure) and go through immigration and they were given an intransit card that allowed them to return right away to the ship. Yes, you can have your same cabin both ways if you have requested it when you booked.

Patti

Just got back from New York, immigration was very efficiently done deck by deck over I think three days. There was no queue and we were through in a matter of seconds.

The officer this year was very pleasant unlike on the same crossing last year when the officer was totally ignorant. The whole transaction took place without verbal or eye contact. Not bad considering the man was on the ship with his wife.

I did write to the relevant goverment department to complain about his attitude, as a result I have been searched at the airport every time I have flown. Maybe that is just a coincidence.:) :)

When completed the landing stage will be big enough to enable the world’s biggest liners to visit the Mersey and allow passengers to come ashore.

Oh really? Now that's interesting. Does that mean that my Mary can visit? If she does I am on it!

Before Brooklyn (at least on QE2) immigration was done in the Queen's Room on the morning of arrival. Complete chaos, and all because the INS are too scared to fly since 2001.

It varies - I've cleared immigration both onboard prior to 9/11 and pierside in both Manhattan and Brooklyn, post. I think the reason its done on-land now is more to do with having their computers tied into the great Department of Fatherland Security database.....to spot who has unpaid parking fines and the like.....

Peter

It varies - I've cleared immigration both onboard prior to 9/11 and pierside in both Manhattan and Brooklyn, post. I think the reason its done on-land now is more to do with having their computers tied into the great Department of Fatherland Security database.....to spot who has unpaid parking fines and the like.....

Peter

Or who checked out morally objectionable books at the library!

Anon (So they don't come after me) <LOL>

Archived