getting off in Miami

lardor

If my memory serves me correctly, O wants all those disembarking off the ship by 9:00 am. Of course that assumes that all of those disembarking have paid their bills and have gone through customs and paid any duty that is due. In 01/2005 we were delayed almost one hour because one jerk refused to pay up. And that was in Miami.

Miami is a mad house, and you will WANT to be at the airport a couple hours before. You could hire someone to take you for a quick city tour, but actually your flight time doesn't give you as much time as you think. Have some lunch and enjoy the people -watching in the Miami airport.

Lardor, Depending on the day you disembark, you may hit quite a bit of traffic getting to the Miami airport - can take an hour or more.

There is a nice restaurant on the top floor of the Miami Airport Hotel. The food is good and you can spend some time there - I belileve it is in concourse D or E. Also the last time we flew out of Miami was last month, when we flew to Athens to get on the Nautica, there was quite a line to get through security - took about 45 minutes.

I have a 1:45 flight out of MIA, how long will Oceania let us stay aboard, I don't look forward to killing 3 or 4 hours in the airport....:confused:

They will want you off at the earliest possible opportunity, after docking and clearing customs. Usually everyone must be off no later than 9 am.

They have an entire ship to clean and prepare for another group of passengers. Anyone left is simply going to get in their way!!

Oops, should be 10AM.....

I would not think so

You usually need to be at the airport 2 hrs prior...it takes 30 minutes to get there and if you clear immigration as soon as you dock (doubtful) you would be rushing it.

Don't even think about a 10am flight. You really need to be at the airport about 2 hours before the flight, so unless they let you off the ship by 7:30, you will not make it. If it is a weekday, you will be driving across town during rush hour, with horrible traffic, so you would have to be off the ship even earlier.

Thanks, Benita,

I never realized that we could find a nice restaurant at Miami Airport. I will keep it in mind for our next layover there.

You are absolutely correct about being at Miami airport two hours ahead of time to go through security. That airport is a "zoo"!!!!

Sheila

Archived